By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Questions about LIVE

Im BHR-3 well known on here as a PS3 fan ive been pondering a few things about the 360 and it's online service

1 What are these silver and gold cards how long do they last 

2 Is there more services besides gold and silver like platinum

3 What can u access with the gold that u can't access with the silver

4 Can u buy a silver subscription or where can you get one

5 Can you access demos and firmware updates if ur subscription expires for either gold and silver

6 Can u buy stuff like xbl games from the market place if your subscription expires

7 What can u access wen ur subscription expires

8 What day/time do the new demos come in every week

9 What day/time does the netflix/movie section get updated  every week

10 Can you make more than one account under 1 subscription or do you have to buy another gold card

11 When you bought ur 360 did it come with a Ethernet cable if it did how long was it

For the ps3 the store gets updated on thursdays where i live it's usually 8:30pm it used to be 4:30pm though and sometimes we might get stuff on other days like the RE5 demo was on a monday

As u might know PSN is Free and u could create multiple accounts in diffrent regions too i heard though that 12 is the max the system can make then u need to buy another system b/c u can't delete what's in the systems memory

My 60g ps3 came with a Ethernet cord i think it was 3-6 feet long i don't think the new sku's come with one for cost reasons

Play Me

Around the Network

1. Silver is the free membership. Gold is the paid membership. You can buy 1 month, 3 month, or 12 month (+1 month free) cards.

2. No.

3. Online multiplayer, earlier access to demos, entering some contests.

4. See #1.

5. Yes to both. Though on demos, I think you have to wait a week after they first release or something like that.

6. Yes.

7. Everything but multiplayer and brand new demos.

8. I haven't noticed any pattern, but I might just be dense. They seem to release when they release.

9. Ditto #8.

10. I'm pretty sure you have to pay for Gold for each account. But if you wanted to make a Japanese account to download their demos, for instance, you could do it with a Silver account.

11. Yes, it was like a few feet long, IIRC. I didn't really look at it, as I had to buy a 20 foot cable. My penis puts them both to shame, FYI!

BHR-3 said:

Im BHR-3 well known on here as a PS3 fan ive been pondering a few things about the 360 and it's online service

1 What are these silver and gold cards how long do they last 

Depending on how much time you buy 3 months - 12 months. Silver is free

2 Is there more services besides gold and silver like platinum

No

3 What can u access with the gold that u can't access with the silver

online gameplay + you get content (demos) earlier + Netflix (just US)

4 Can u buy a silver subscription or where can you get one

it is free, just log in

5 Can you access demos and firmware updates if ur subscription expires for either gold and silver

yes.

6 Can u buy stuff like xbl games from the market place if your subscription expires

yes

7 What can u access wen ur subscription expires

everything, except gameplay and netflix

8 What day/time do the new demos come in every week

Just talking about Germany: unregular. But wednesday is the day for XBL Arcade. Demos are not fix. There is a HAWX and Ninja Blade Demo this week. Halo Wars last week and Resident Evil the week before.

9 What day/time does the netflix/movie section get updated  every week

Don't know, I am German

10 Can you make more than one account under 1 subscription or do you have to buy another gold card

No. But some games support Splitscreen-online. That means you and your mate on one TV against the world. On one account. Endless fun with Halo3. But you can create multiple Accounts and make them gold with free gold-cards. So if you buy Halo3 / Fable2 / Gears (all the big multiplayer games actually) you get a free gold card for 2 days.

11 When you bought ur 360 did it come with a Ethernet cable if it did how long was it

don't think so.

For the ps3 the store gets updated on thursdays where i live it's usually 8:30pm it used to be 4:30pm though and sometimes we might get stuff on other days like the RE5 demo was on a monday

As u might know PSN is Free and u could create multiple accounts in diffrent regions too i heard though that 12 is the max the system can make then u need to buy another system b/c u can't delete what's in the systems memory

My 60g ps3 came with a Ethernet cord i think it was 3-6 feet long i don't think the new sku's come with one for cost reasons

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

^ Ninja Blade demo this week? Finally!

that is what I heard

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Around the Network

thats cool i never knew u can access demos and xbl games wen ur subscriptions
expires

So the silver subscription lasts forever once you sign in for the 1st time you won't have to recreate ur profile after a set amount of time?

damn so u guys can get demo crazy any day of the week while us ps3 guys blood thirsty only on thursdays

@badgenome damn ur junk must be pretty big then

Play Me

BHR-3 said:
expires

So the silver subscription lasts forever once you sign in for the 1st time you won't have to recreate ur profile after a set amount of time?

damn so u guys can get demo crazy any day of the week while us ps3 guys blood thirsty only on thursdays

Right, silver's forever. If your gold subscription expires, it reverts to silver.

BHR-3 said:
expires

They call it a "subscription" but it's not, ALL Live accounts are Silver unless you pay for Gold. They do delete inactive accounts, but I don't know the specifics.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Bitmap Frogs said:
BHR-3 said:
expires

They call it a "subscription" but it's not, ALL Live accounts are Silver unless you pay for Gold. They do delete inactive accounts, but I don't know the specifics.

I am unsure how they decide to delete accounts...But it must be pretty lazy. I've been on XBL maybe...10 times in 3 years, and my account was never deleted.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

All 360s except Arcade come with an Ethernet cable which is pretty long maybe 10 feet or so. All new XBL members get 1 month of free gold. Also Silver members are entitled to occasional "Gold Weekends" which enable online multiplayer. You could also make extra accounts for each month but your IP would be tracked as well as your 360's MAC address but I'm sure MS has bigger fish to fry.