By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - just played Indigo Prophecy for the 1st and now I can't wiat for Heavy Rain

Indigo Prophecy is/was awesome. Can't wait to see how Heavy rain will turn out. I know CGI can't wait either

Favorite films. Foreign films forever!

Around the Network

Indigo Prophecy certainly was great, I really enjoyed it (although some points in the story made me go 'Wtf is going on?'). Heavy Rain is one of those PS3 titles that I wish I had a PS3 for.

Kingdom Hearts 3 Bet: If Kingdom Hearts 3 becomes a multiplaform title/is not Wii exclusive then I will be banished from this land for 1 week and sing my praises to those who have proved themselves to be more intelligent than I.http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/RDBRaptor/rdbraptor_sig16.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">
My Anime List

This may be weird but, since the 1st game had boobs, I wonder if Heavy Rain will have boobsXD

Favorite films. Foreign films forever!

I am interested in it. I did like Fahrenheit, the 2nd half felt a bit unfinished though (story-wise).

What Is it going to be about? I saw some gameplay, I hope its not just constant press a button at the right time. That is all I saw in the gameplay. The house I saw in the video does look amaaaazingly awesome though.

Around the Network

Sex? I'm sold. When does it hit stores? Lol jk :].

See I have trouble watching videos on their. My laptop will sometimes just stop playing their videos. I'll have to reload it 871628723982 times and try to remember where I was each time. Can I get a quick summary?

I suppose I should play this one day...

The thought of a came comprised almost entirely of QTEs does not sound fun, however.

makingmusic476 said:
I suppose I should play this one day...

The thought of a came comprised almost entirely of QTEs does not sound fun, however.

Its like that old school game, What was it called? Dragon Quest or something. Where everything would kill you and you had to click the correct button at the right time. That was great for the 80s. But I mean now? We have so much more stuff we can have fun with. That being said. I may still pick this up for the art aspect of it.

Basically its elder scrolls in a modern setting with no fight just reaction controls and walking? Meh The game does look beautiful. But I think there has to be something more to it. Why spend 60 dollars on a movie that has you click something every once in a while?

CGI-Quality said:
Aaahh, but see that's the kicker, this is no Indigo clone. HEAVY RAIN will have much more to it than QTEs and cutscenes. In fact, there are no non-interactive cutscenes in the game. Quantic Dream has persistently boasted about having FULLY interactive cutscenes. In other words, when a cutscene starts in other games, you are in the cutscene as an audience. In HEAVY RAIN, however, when a supposed cutscene starts, you can break out of it, interact with it, move around it, you name it. The developer is bent on pushing this game as: a game that is FULLY determined by YOUR decisions, not just pre-determined scripts :)

To me it spells E-X-C-I-T-E-M-E-N-T :D

MGS4 had this inbetween acts. It was fun and all but the whole "fully interactive cutscene" really isnt a cut scene then anymore is it? a cutscene is just that. It cuts the scene. Lots of games now let you make your own choices though. Fallout, Elder scrolls(probably the first IMO), GTA, Saints row?(I havent played 1 or 2) These games are all letting you live out something you cant in real life. Yet still giving you many freedoms. I have no doubt this will draw you in, but it looks more like a movie then a game. The most they can do with the cutscenes are the QTEs. Think about it. How do you call it a cut scene? It is really more just a boss battle or something if you can just walk around and do ANYTHING you wanted in said cutscene.

Also what was that amazing game for dreamcast? I forget it. But it was great. It had QTEs and you were like some detective or something. My friend raves about it. I cant remember the name.

Well it seems like that game with a female instead of a male.