By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Top Spinn for Wii

http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=45389

The intuitive pick-up-and-play action in Top Spin Tennis allows gamers to use the Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers in a way that matches the movements players would make on a real court. The Nunchuk controls the player and aim, while the vibration-enabled Wii Remote hits the ball like a tennis racquet and determines the style of shot ranging from a top spin move to a slice. The Wii Remote also allows players to control the power and the quality of the shot and to serve in many different ways.

The gameplay in Top Spin Tennis will feature an array of modes including singles, doubles, mixed and non-mixed matches, exhibition, tournament and more, with four levels of difficulty and ten international venues. It will also feature more than a dozen licensed tennis stars as well as ten original characters. Up to four players can play Top Spin Tennis using as many as four sets of controllers. To add to the group fun, there are a collection of party games included.

"We are excited to bring our popular Top Spin series to the Wii," said Christoph Hartmann, President of 2K. "Given the Wii's unique controllers and the fun family-oriented gameplay, Top Spin Tennis effectively bridges the gap between a sports and a party game."

Top Spin Tennis will be available exclusively on the Wii in spring 2008.

So about time? What do you belive? 

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

Around the Network

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!! THIS MAKES MY DAY! as a competitive tennis player, you have no idea how tired i am of tennis games where you press a button and automatically you hit it. Tennis is nowhere that easy, and it causes most tennis games to have endless rallies that can only be finished by an overhead at net. All i hope now is that you can be able to hit topsin angles, and that they do not group power, depth, and spin into one group. In most games if want to hit with a lot of spin, you must also hit it deep and with a lot of pace. This is atrociously unrealistic, because you can hit with lots of spin and land it short in the court with little speed. I hope this game will expand upon the success of Wii SPorts and make it even more realistic, as other tennis games are barely realistic at all.  Good third party support.

Never argue with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Brawl FC: 0473-7449-8088

Top spin?!... Wasn't that on Xbox and later part 2 on X360?!... Btw: I'll bet it won't be with online. And will have Mii's in it... And lack realism over fun... For the Casual gamers... XD...

Nah... Just kiddin... Finally a DECENT 3th party game announced for the tortured Casual system...

THE NETHERLANDS

@starcraft

It is coming more :D just wait for the next thread I am going to post...

and yes I most possible want this game.

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

@StarcraftManiac

If you just jinxed this game, you will be on my hitlist.  XD

Never argue with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Brawl FC: 0473-7449-8088

Around the Network

Sound nice, i love Wii Sports tennis and all, but actual player movement is what's been missing.

"You won't find Adobe here in Nairobi"

Top Spinn for the Xbox was actully very funny and I played it a lot so this is promising

My dog is way beyond my ranking list than you.

Din Apekatt  

I like your picture ... Sarah Kerrigan... Queen of blades! Starcraft - Broodwar. ...

THE NETHERLANDS

Wow this is awesome news, i use to play the original on xbox it was so much fun. to bad no one plays it online anymore because my brother and me got pretty high up in the rankings =P. I can't wait for this game. Eventhough the second one was made by 2k and the first one was XSN and i haven't really played the second one but i'm still pumped.

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

As a tennis game aficionado, I can't wait to see how this turns out. Wii Sports tennis is fun, but I'd like to be able to move my player, play singles, and generally have more depth to a tennis game. Hopefully Top Spin (I wasn't impressed by the PS2 version) turns out well.

In Memoriam RVW Jr.

SSBB Friend Code = 5455-9050-8670 (PM me if you add so I can add you!) 

Tetris Party Friend Code = 116129046416 (ditto)