By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor: Call of Duty MW2 not coming to Wii

Please notice, this is a rumor, it's not confirmed, it may not be true, and don't shoot the messenger.

I heard from an employee of Activision, who for sure knows more about this stuff than 99% of any of us here, that Infinity Ward wants to develop the next Call of Duty on the Wii but finds the restrictions by Nintendo holding them too much back. It seems Nintendo doesn't allow new maps or gamemodes to be offered (even for free) after the game has been released. Appearantly, Infinity Ward wants to offer these kinds of DLC, but can't, and it's a dealbreaker for them. Activision has been debating this with Nintendo, but Nintendo will not budge.

Now, this seems insanely childish of both Infinity Ward and Nintendo, and I would guess Activision decides if Infinity Ward does a Wii version or not. But there you have it.

Around the Network

The last Call of Duty game on Wii looked like ass...

I think it looked better on the last gen consoles....yikes...

This is the PS2 version of the same game.

Times Banned: 12

Press----------------> <----------------Press

That doesn't make any sense to me. Lots of games on the Wii have downloadable content - FF WiiWare has downloads that effectively expand the game (etc).

Why would Ninty NOT want new maps and/or game maps?

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Is there a link?

Pacman taught people to run around in dark rooms munching on pills while listening to repettive techno music and for that I somewhat idolise him.

Undying said:

*bullshit pic*

That is not the last Call of Duty game, plus this has nothing to do with the topic.

Thanks for trolling, now get the fuck out.

Around the Network
J-Favs said:
Is there a link?

Would be kind of hard, I heard this from him personally.

Why can't they just put the levels/modes in the game originally like games used to be, I am pretty sure they will fit.

I can understand some DLC, but charging for extra levels that would fit just fine on the disc originally is a load of wank.... and if they are giving them for free what is the point if they fit on the disc?... whic they should do considering Wii games surely take up less space than X360 games, yet the two consoles use the same discs.

Chrizum said:
Undying said:

*bullshit pic*

That is not the last Call of Duty game, plus this has nothing to do with the topic.

How is it trolling if its a fact? Geez....I even own a wii.

Times Banned: 12

Press----------------> <----------------Press

Wow.. well how come track pack are allowed then? Is this just Nintendo not wanting the game to come out half assed? Or is this Nintendo not wanting to deal with memory issues?

I think Nintendo would be wise in letting infinity ward off for MW2.. It's a pretty important game on any console

Undying said:
Chrizum said:
Undying said:

*bullshit pic*

How is it trolling if its a fact? Geez....I even own a wii.

Because it isn't the last Cod Wii game, that's 3, Wii got World at War so get your facts straight then come back :)