By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo Games Vs. Square Enix Games

Eh. Nintedo for now. I like some Square games better then Nintendo games but Squares been doing a shoddy job since the PS1 in my opinion. Best game they've made since is Front Mission 3 which i'm playing right now. Final Fantasy Tactcs was good but that was mostly just a Tactics Ogre ripoff with the job system thrown in. Vagrant Story was a great idea but poorly executed. I hear Kingdom Hearts is good... can't get passed the disney kingdoms thing though. The Final Fantasy series lately (7 and up) have been mostly garbage. (IMO)

Enix was a great developer... yet after merging with Square it suck to the same level of mediocrity.

Around the Network

SQUARE-ENIX by far IMO.FF 1/3 all time favourite franchise(the other 2 being Onimusha and DynastyWarriors).I played FFX first but i dont have a favourite FF but after FFX i went back and played FFVI,FFVII and now FFIII which are much better than FFX IMO.I like Nintendo but all these Mario games put me off(which is the reason i am not getting a Wii yet to see if the 3rd party support is really there and its not just a load of minigames and spinoffs from the main titles of what ever series).Zelda is ok but i wouldnt buy a console for it and Metroid is better than Halo IMO but its still not enough to buy the console,Pikmin now there is a series i enjoyed and WOULD buy a Wii for it.All these remakes are good(for me that is) it means i can play all the old FF's without getting a NES and SNES(which are a pain to find let alone the games for them).

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

Final-Fan said:
choirsoftheeye said:
Nintendo. While there have been companies whose content has been more consistantly good, there are none that have had the volume of AAA titles and the broad gameplay impact that Nintendo has.

Last generation, the only good games to come out of the Square half of Square-Enix were FFXII and Kingdom Hearts, and FFXII was more or less done by Quest (AKA ultimate tactical RPG badasses. AKA way more hardcore than Square ever was). They raped all of their other franchises. Enix and their subsidaries is put out some pretty solid stuff (DQVIII, VPII, etc.)

If you had asked me at the end of the 16 Bit era, I'd have been torn, even with Nintendo putting out three of the best games of all time that generation (Super Metroid, LTTP and SMW). Oh Final Fantasy VI/III...

" Nintendo. While there have been companies whose content has been more consistantly good,"

Do you mean companies that only put out a few games but they all are beyond awesome, like Blizzard? I don't think there are any major publishers (i.e. ones with lots of games released) with a better track record, and I would like like you to name any that exist so I can buy their libraries. :P

That's precisely what I meant.  Blizzard is a great example, as is Irrational Games/Looking Glass, as is Quest, as is Treasure up until fairly recently, etc.

choirsoftheeye said:
Final-Fan said:
choirsoftheeye said:

That's precisely what I meant. Blizzard is a great example, as is Irrational Games/Looking Glass, as is Quest, as is Treasure up until fairly recently, etc.

I heard that saying the words "new Treasure game" makes SHMUP fans orgasm.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom!