By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo Games Vs. Square Enix Games

I been a long time player of both of those company's games. I remember playing square's Rad Racer every weekend at my cousins how and getting final fantasy 1, 4, and 6 when they first came out. How ever I've always had a spot in my heart for Nintendo games.

So I'm going to go with Nintendo here

"Everyone else see's the Joker laugh; only Harley has ever seen him cry."- Arleen Sorkin

In an hour of Darkness a blind man is
the best guide. In an age of Insanity
look to the madman to show the way.
- - Warhammer 40,000 rule book

Around the Network

Nintendo, Square Enix sucks in my eyes these days, not with all the games but I don't agree with the way they're creating, so they've kind of lost my trust in them. Especially with the last 3 purchases which were complete disasters. So NINTENDO it is!

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

Square-Enix really does one type of game and I never liked it.

Sure Nintendo has a habit of staying doing the same type of game over and over again, but they have many types to chose from. =P

FF6, 7 and 9 are cool... but I't is the only think SE have to fight Marios, Zeldas, etc... NTDOY WINS

NTDOY: 9
SE: 4

www.cuidar.com.br

*~Onna76~* said:
Nintendo, Square Enix sucks in my eyes these days, not with all the games but I don't agree with the way they're creating, so they've kind of lost my trust in them. Especially with the last 3 purchases which were complete disasters. So NINTENDO it is!

What were your last 3 purchases?

I agree that the PS2 Final Fantasy games were not that great. Nomura done a good job with Kingdom Hearts though, gives me hope that Versus XIII will turn out to be a great game.

Around the Network

mm let's see.
Good games by

Square:
FF VI
Chrono Trigger
Chrono Cross
Rad Racer
Secret of Mana 1 (SD2)

Enix:
DQ IV, V, VI, VII
Illusion of Gaia
Terranigma
Star Ocean 1
ActRaiser
E.V.O. search for Eden
Violinist of Hameln
DQ Monsters series

Nintendo:
Super Mario Bros 1-3
Mario 64
Mario Kart 64
LoZ 2
LoZ OOT
LoZ ALttP
Super Metroid
Metroid Prime (made by Retro, that now is a Nintendo Studio)
Metroid Fusion and Zero Mission
Earthbound
Fire Emblem 1 GBA
Smash Bros. Series
Advance Wars Series.

mm a difficult choice... but my vote goes for Nintendo because I'm Hyped for MP3, LoZ PH, Mario Galaxy, SSBB and MK Wii. (although FF CC CB looks really good, and I will enjoy the remakes of DQ and FF IV and VI on my DS)
Waiting for a true sequel for Chorno Trigger and another Terranigma or Ilussion of Gaia.

I love Final Fantasy but Zelda is what got me into gaming and it's my favorite game, forever. Plus Nintendo made Mario the biggest franchise ever that about everyone knows.

*** Oopsies me forgot to tell I was voting for Ninty... Even though it's clear in my post... Hehehe... n_n' ***

Nintendo.

It's sort of an unfair bout, tho. Square-Enix does have better RPG's but Nintendo has everything else that Square-Enix is lacking. It's kinda like saying "do you prefer rock, or hard rock?" when hard rock is rock anyway.

jhlennon1 said:
*~Onna76~* said:

What were your last 3 purchases?

I agree that the PS2 Final Fantasy games were not that great. Nomura done a good job with Kingdom Hearts though, gives me hope that Versus XIII will turn out to be a great game.

Dragon Quest Swords and Final Fantasy Anniversary are two of them and I'm not fond of Tactics either for the PSP.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

Don´t bash me (or do if you must and I´m 100% off) but do SE make really new games ? I know this sounds like a cheap shot but all I see is spinoffs of their old games, there is nothing wrong with that if you love them but I never was really appealed by their newer versions that much and eventhough Nintendo does lots of spinoffs as well they do make more new IPs and evolve games more IMO. Correct me if I´m wrong.

So I vote for flamebait.... I mean Nintendo