By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Gilgamesh said:

It's funny how ones life can compltely change in a second....fuck me

I totally sympathize, as can the people of Japan. I know my problems can't compare with theirs, but the after-effects of five minutes of earthquake have radically altered my college plans and my post-college plans (you can't go abroad your senior year, and i see the wisdom in that as it interferes with necessary senior year job-hunting, so now if i want to go to Japan as something more than a damn tourist for a while, i need to get a job or internship there).

Summer school now so i don't fall behind, then a whole year of college immediately following that...

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

Ok so my friend , right? He's always getting drunk and telling me how much he thinks of me.. but only ever when he's drunk. we used to hang all the time, but now he'll barely even talk to me unless he'd had a few pints.

Anyway, I accompanied him to the pub earlier for the big football match and he got drunk. Then on our way to uni (we have a report due tomorrow, and it was so important for me to talk to him that I gave that up to go to the pub with him) he wanted to go meet his girlfriend cos she'd just finished her shift at a nearby pub. So I went with him to meet her so he wasn't alone, then I made sure we walked her to the bus stop. Waited 25 minutes so she'd get the bus home safe, then he bailed on me.

Left me alone in town in the middle of the night on a big match day. (violence apparently increases by about 600% on this day, its the cup final and the two big Glasgow teams were playing for the cup). I had to walk up to uni by myself and ran into him on the way. He bumped into me and i said "fuck you" before walking on.

He won't have any recollection of this tomorrow. I need to grow some balls.

Highwaystar101 said: trashleg said that if I didn't pay back the money she leant me, she would come round and break my legs... That's why people call her trashleg, because she trashes the legs of the people she loan sharks money to.
trashleg said:

Ok so my friend , right? He's always getting drunk and telling me how much he thinks of me.. but only ever when he's drunk. we used to hang all the time, but now he'll barely even talk to me unless he'd had a few pints.

Anyway, I accompanied him to the pub earlier for the big football match and he got drunk. Then on our way to uni (we have a report due tomorrow, and it was so important for me to talk to him that I gave that up to go to the pub with him) he wanted to go meet his girlfriend cos she'd just finished her shift at a nearby pub. So I went with him to meet her so he wasn't alone, then I made sure we walked her to the bus stop. Waited 25 minutes so she'd get the bus home safe, then he bailed on me.

Left me alone in town in the middle of the night on a big match day. (violence apparently increases by about 600% on this day, its the cup final and the two big Glasgow teams were playing for the cup). I had to walk up to uni by myself and ran into him on the way. He bumped into me and i said "fuck you" before walking on.

He won't have any recollection of this tomorrow. I need to grow some balls.

lol wtf? if he doesn't remember this the next day then tell him how much of an ass he was. He might think twice about drinking with you again.

Gilgamesh said:

lol wtf? if he doesn't remember this the next day then tell him how much of an ass he was. He might think twice about drinking with you again.

Last week we had a class night out, he got fucked and was crashing at mine because he lives out of town. I gave him a sleeping bag and all that, he kept trying to kiss me but I wouldn't let him, kept reminding him he has a girlfriend who he loves very much. He told me over and over that I'm such a nice person for thinking of other people. I reminded him of it a few days later, but he didn't remember a thing.

Today when he was drunk he told me that even if i "offered it to him on a plate" he wouldnt touch it because he'd never cheat on her because he loves her so much.I was like "buy you tried..." and he said "nope. nope. No matter how hard you tried it would never happen"

I just don't understand. It's not like I want him, I think he looks like Christopher Walken for a start, I just want my friend to be.. my friend. I think its probably best if Idon't talk to him anymore, but I don't have the guts to tell him to fuck off for good.

/rant.

Highwaystar101 said: trashleg said that if I didn't pay back the money she leant me, she would come round and break my legs... That's why people call her trashleg, because she trashes the legs of the people she loan sharks money to.
trashleg said:
Gilgamesh said:

Last week we had a class night out, he got fucked and was crashing at mine because he lives out of town. I gave him a sleeping bag and all that, he kept trying to kiss me but I wouldn't let him, kept reminding him he has a girlfriend who he loves very much. He told me over and over that I'm such a nice person for thinking of other people. I reminded him of it a few days later, but he didn't remember a thing.

Today when he was drunk he told me that even if i "offered it to him on a plate" he wouldnt touch it because he'd never cheat on her because he loves her so much.I was like "buy you tried..." and he said "nope. nope. No matter how hard you tried it would never happen"

I just don't understand. It's not like I want him, I think he looks like Christopher Walken for a start, I just want my friend to be.. my friend. I think its probably best if Idon't talk to him anymore, but I don't have the guts to tell him to fuck off for good.

/rant.

That guy sounds like a complete and total dick...I really do feel sorry for his girlfriend.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

Around the Network
Baalzamon said:

That guy sounds like a complete and total dick...I really do feel sorry for his girlfriend.

She's such a nice girl - I met her tonight and had to apologise for him being such a state. They've been together since October, I've known him since September 2009. I was so embarrassed for them both, she's never seen him so drunk before.  I think I need to not talk to him, I just don't know how to. I've never had to fall out with someone before. :/

trasharmdsister12 said:

I had a falling out with just about 90% of my close friends from high school despite them going to the same university as me (or the one 5 minutes down the road). It happened accidentally for me but when analyzing it I know how it happaned. It's just a matter of reducing your time with them gradually and eventually just skipping out on planned get-togethers and eventually breaking all contact (face-to-face or online). 

We more or less broke all contact for near on a year, I still got the odd phone call from him in the middle of the night when he was about to do something stupid and needed calming down. It just pisses me off that I've been here for him even when we weren't talking, when he needed someone to talk to. I'll help him when he's stuck with uni stuff, I practically jump when he talks to me and I get nothing back. I don't get it ¬_¬; I don't need this hassle.

Argh I think this report is just getting to me. It's due tomorrow :S

/domination of Post Your Mind thread. Sorry Gilga x

d21lewis said:

Screw Amazon.com and their "Frustration Free Packaging".  opening my product, throwing away the instructions, and shipping it in a cheap ass envelope is supposed to be doing me a favor?

Is that really what frustration free packaging is?  I like opening the original packaging on stuff

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

trasharmdsister12 said:

Funny enough, giving this "advice" (let's be honest, it's pretty crappy and obvious dribble that I've written above ) reminded me of a funny "friendship" ending in high school .

But that just doesn't seem pleasant at all.. I don't like falling out with people :/

Tell the story!