By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
d21lewis said:
neerdowell said:

As of the 2nd of January I got a notice from my ex that I will be facing a lawsuit for rape and sexual assault; my life is effectively over.

I am not sure whether to panic or rejoice knowing that if I am convicted I surely stand to set a precedent as the only virgin convicted of rape.

I really shouldn't even joke about the matter but I'm not even sure how to feel right now. This is one of only like two things in my life that I haven't been able to simply laugh off. I am simply at a loss.

I see where you stated you were still a virgin but what would make her go through the trouble of filing a suit like that?  Is it for money?  And if you are going to court for what is recognized as a malicious felony, weren't you arrested, first?  As far as I know, you can't just send somebody a subpoena to court saying "You're being sued for rape." Some sort of criminal charge has to be filed first--and nobody is going to risk their career making an arrest of that magnitude without some evidence.  It can't just be her word against yours.

I'm not entirely sure what the deal is; I have not received an official court order but I just moved out of the dorms and am staying with a friend until I find a place, so if there was one they didn't know where to find me so I will be checking if I received anything at my old address and contact the police department/sheriff's office, whomever I would contact ( not exactly something i'm educated on as I never imagined it would happen ). She simply contacted me via an e-mail to say that I would likely be receiving a notice soon.

As for motivations, I'm not really sure on that either. We broke up almost three years ago now ( got back together for a brief week about a year ago and have not spoke since ). I have no money to give her. She has never been a vindictive person ( to me or anybody for that matter ) and honestly has always been very timid; it was almost like her e-mail was from a completely different person as it implied delight in the idea of me being in legal trouble.

The only thing that really concerns me is the fact that she was a minor while we were dating ( 3 year difference ), and even though we never had intercourse there were other activities. Technically this could fall under the definition of statutory rape.

Honestly I think I'm simply more at shock that she would do something like this, and potentially take joy in the matter. I always understood that there would be a risk dating a minor. I guess I just always had faith in her character to not do anything of this magnitude even though things didn't work out. Maybe she's simply bluffing, but I have no idea why she would go through the trouble of that either. Like I said, I'm simply at a loss.

How do you breathe again?

Around the Network
neerdowell said:
d21lewis said:
neerdowell said:

As of the 2nd of January I got a notice from my ex that I will be facing a lawsuit for rape and sexual assault; my life is effectively over.

I am not sure whether to panic or rejoice knowing that if I am convicted I surely stand to set a precedent as the only virgin convicted of rape.

I really shouldn't even joke about the matter but I'm not even sure how to feel right now. This is one of only like two things in my life that I haven't been able to simply laugh off. I am simply at a loss.

I see where you stated you were still a virgin but what would make her go through the trouble of filing a suit like that?  Is it for money?  And if you are going to court for what is recognized as a malicious felony, weren't you arrested, first?  As far as I know, you can't just send somebody a subpoena to court saying "You're being sued for rape." Some sort of criminal charge has to be filed first--and nobody is going to risk their career making an arrest of that magnitude without some evidence.  It can't just be her word against yours.

I'm not entirely sure what the deal is; I have not received an official court order but I just moved out of the dorms and am staying with a friend until I find a place, so if there was one they didn't know where to find me so I will be checking if I received anything at my old address and contact the police department/sheriff's office, whomever I would contact ( not exactly something i'm educated on as I never imagined it would happen ). She simply contacted me via an e-mail to say that I would likely be receiving a notice soon.

As for motivations, I'm not really sure on that either. We broke up almost three years ago now ( got back together for a brief week about a year ago and have not spoke since ). I have no money to give her. She has never been a vindictive person ( to me or anybody for that matter ) and honestly has always been very timid; it was almost like her e-mail was from a completely different person as it implied delight in the idea of me being in legal trouble.

The only thing that really concerns me is the fact that she was a minor while we were dating ( 3 year difference ), and even though we never had intercourse there were other activities. Technically this could fall under the definition of statutory rape.

Honestly I think I'm simply more at shock that she would do something like this, and potentially take joy in the matter. I always understood that there would be a risk dating a minor. I guess I just always had faith in her character to not do anything of this magnitude even though things didn't work out. Maybe she's simply bluffing, but I have no idea why she would go through the trouble of that either. Like I said, I'm simply at a loss.

Gotta be bluffing.  If she was serious, the cops would be contacting you, not her.  And no.  Statutory rape means that you had sex with her.  Dating someone so young isn't illegal--just creepy!

Hope I eased your troubled mind.  You're not Wessle Woggle, are you?

d21lewis said:
neerdowell said:
d21lewis said:
neerdowell said:

Gotta be bluffing.  If she was serious, the cops would be contacting you, not her.  And no.  Statutory rape means that you had sex with her.  Dating someone so young isn't illegal--just creepy!

Wessle Woggle??? I'm assuming you're referring to another user, in which case the answer would be no. Anyway, thanks, that does help quite a bit. I haven't slept at all last night b/c I was just sick to my stomach. I still wonder what exactly is going through her head but maybe it's best to just let it be.

How do you breathe again?

Is it just me, or does Play.com just literally have a permanent sale? I get "SALE! 60% OFF!" messages from them weekly. The irritating thing is that they never actually change their prices, and if their "60% off" prices are more than most stores' full prices, well, that's a little worrying.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

d21lewis said:

Nah, his ex wasn't his sister.

Right?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

Hmmm... I still haven't decided on a hair colour. I was indecisive in the past but I swear I got worse. I'm not feeling confident at all... And can't make a simple decision as hair colour. I'm stuck with being unhappy about my hair! T_T

I am so bored. I wish my brother would stop vacuuming, It's way to loud!

I feel sad. There was a huge flood in 3 cities in my state. A lot of houses collapsed.

600 people are dead. Maybe more.

I just feel powerless.

www.jamesvandermemes.com

A level exams. Finished 2 maths, got 2 maths and 1 more Physics. Shitting bricks over results as I think I have failed the maths exam I did today, a bit disappointed as those questions were f'ing easy if only I did some damn studying! FML.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

Okay the hell with it! I'm going to dye my hair pink. Worse thing that could happen is that I don't like it... Then in that case I'll just make it fade and dye it another colour.

Sigh... -___-'