By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 'We simply dying' says Sony Europe's gaming chief

BxN said:
What's up with the thread title ?

Well. Rainer Wolfcastle has the explanation for that:

Around the Network

Yeah headline should be "We's a gonna die!??!?" =p

The real question is for me, can they increase their overall software sales this year or will it fall yet again?

Tease.

Squilliam said:
The real question is for me, can they increase their overall software sales this year or will it fall yet again?

If the rumor is true and the price tag of all HD games are dropped back to last gen prices than they will increase.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

ssj12 said:
Squilliam said:

If the rumor is true and the price tag of all HD games are dropped back to last gen prices than they will increase.

But you see, the PS2 and PSP software sales are decreasing, so overall the total software shipped shrank last year.

Edit: So it will be a question of whether PSP software stabalises and how much the PS3 increase is relatively to the PS2 decrease.

Tease.

Around the Network
Squilliam said:

Yea, Killzone 2 can potentially beat RS2, LBP and MS2 sales from 2008 combined this year. If GT5 releases, GOODNIGHT!!!

Squilliam said:
ssj12 said:
Squilliam said:

But you see, the PS2 and PSP software sales are decreasing, so overall the total software shipped shrank last year.

Edit: So it will be a question of whether PSP software stabalises and how much the PS3 increase is relatively to the PS2 decrease.

has any "good" games been released on the PS2 or atleast a decent number of massive sellers?

Last time I checked most companies arent even developing for the PS2 anymore so software decline is more because there is a smaller developer network. Cheaper software will sell better since there is a growing developer network for HD consoles.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

*Gasp* SSJ. I know atleast one great PS2 game was released just last year. Persona 4!

ssj12 said:
Squilliam said:

has any "good" games been released on the PS2 or atleast a decent number of massive sellers?

Last time I checked most companies arent even developing for the PS2 anymore so software decline is more because there is a smaller developer network. Cheaper software will sell better since there is a growing developer network for HD consoles.

The point is that PS2 software sales are decreasing, not why they are decreasing. This represents the loss of an important revenue stream because PS2 hardware sales are following closely behind it as well.

Console PS2
Total

Console PS2
Total

Tease.

You simply hatin?