By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will RE5 PS3 outsell RE4:Wii ?

student said:
I think it will. I'm confused NJ5 why you would envision overlapping sales between GC and wii. Especially since the GC version plays on wii...

Still, the PS3 one should be able to. It might not have if wii wasn't the third home for RE4

Because RE4:Wii has better controls?  This is the kind of game I think many people would buy twice for the better controls.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

It will be a million seller, unless I'm like a majority of PS3 owners, this game will sell a lot.

(I dislike RE.)

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Another good ? is can ps3 re5 outsell re4 wii b4 09 ends

I also think ps3 re5>ps2 re4 NA 1st week
ps3 re5>GC re4 JP 1st week Japan

As for ps3 re5 vs 360 re5 u got to think JP and Eu are pretty much in the bag for ps3 to outsell the 360. In NA since 360 does have a larger user base u have think with the recent demo launch it looks like alot of 360 owners were put off buying it b/c they are not liking it, they have games like Gears Dead Rising that control much better than RE5. Also this is the 1st time a RE game will be on a Xbox console

Also the one spot that people are liking it is the online co-op and PSN is free

Play Me

No, smaller userbase and a game that is split between keeping traditional RE elements and shifting to a more action oriented game which should alienate some of both old players and potential new players. There is also that people on the action side will be getting KZ2 around that time which I expect to cost it some more sales. I figure PS3 alone will break a million but not quite reach RE4: Wii.

Proud member of the Sonic Support Squad

Demotruk said:
I think they'll be in around the same ballpark as eachother. Either one could win out but I don't think there'll be a massive difference between them.

This is what I foresee as well.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network
elgefe02 said:
RE5 will sell more than RE4Wii, but not more than RE4 combined.

this

yes, RE5 (ps3) will outsell RE4 (wii). I'd be suprised if it didn't.

BHR-3 said:
hell yeah the real ? is can ps3 re5 outsell 360 re5

You're trippin'.

It better or Capcom is going to be pissed.

I don't know, I won't be buying RE5, For me the controls felt clunky, Last gen that was ok, but gameplay mechanics have evolved . RE5 = RE4 HD