By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Yahoo takes on .... Wii Fit

Yes, but look more like a Kotaku interview with Crecente.

Not really, says Brian Crecente, managing editor of the popular gaming blog Kotaku. Despite optimistic predictions that Nintendo had unleashed a new era of videogames, Crecente calls Wii Fit little more than an exercise fad that's bound to come and go like any other. "I don't know a single person who has bought the game who uses it routinely after a month," he claims, stressing that getting results from the game requires dedication and real physical exertion. "What Nintendo did is they tapped into that desire people have to be healthier... Everyone wants to work out, but nobody really wants to put the effort into it."

http://videogames.yahoo.com/feature/the-truth-about-wii-fit-and-weight-loss/1284826

Dissapointing. I was expeting a serious take on the system and not a compilation of opinions.

Around the Network

Only 1.5 million Wii Fit's in American homes?

try tripling that figure haha.

Anyway this article just shows that people are lazy, Wii Fit obviously works, but if people are too lazy to turn on the damn system, it's their fault and explains why so many people can't lose weight.

The Malstrom wrote a funny blog post criticizing this article:

http://seanmalstrom.wordpress.com/2009/02/04/wii-news-story-generator/

hey that probably twice as long or more than most other things people buy for working out last.

heck my mom buys stuff all the time it seems and there are somethings that she never even used when they came. My dad is better though, he actually still uses the Wii fit, and even my 15 year old sister does because it helps out with balance, which is the most important aspect for anyone and all athletes.

It is from FORBES, Yahoo is just flirting with Microsoft. I would love to know the true history why Crescente get all butt hurt when he talks about the Wii. Why there aren`t "scientific articles" about how most people that buy GTA never finish the game or that 90% of the single player games never get out of the shelf after being beaten.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

Around the Network

The intent of the game wasn't really to lose weight so much as to track it, and to assess your general exercise aptitude. This can lead to recovery and weight loss, of course, but not directly interconnected

This isn't the first time Yahoo! has done this, either. They used a 2K (Carnival Games) Executive's opinion to open an article about the Wii's "failing software." Their games journalism has gotten quite shitty recently.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

The thread should be entitled Yahoo takes on...Wii Fit....and fails horribly

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

This is failed journalism

Why? Three sources and two of them, that fill the majority of the article, are from a well known biased Wii hating "core" gaming website.

FAIL FAIL FAIL

This gives me hope because i can pretty much sleep walk through a vg news writing job. It seems easy.

btw, i noticed its forbes. WTF sort of investment advice is this? Don't buy Nintendo? Ok, maybe you should invest in MS or Sony, yeah go and do that and buy a few bullets and some life insurance while your at it.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

I agree with him 100%

I actually saw this yesterday. Utterly worthless, like most of the gaming media.