By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Tenchu: Shadow Assasin in America

Well there is very little hype for this very interesting Game, but it is out this week in America, PAL users have to wait until next month

I loved PS1 tenchu and i hope this one plays similarly. But can we expect any sort of decent sales? After all Wii owners wanted those "hardcore" games and Tenchu looks like one of them, or Will it be ignored by the Userbase?

It bombed pretty hard in Japan, and there is very little on the game over internet, i found only 3 reviews (which are positive) and nothing else. Is Ubisoft even trying to advertise the game in NA? Or anywhere in gaming media?

What sort of sales can we expect?

Around the Network

Tenchu 4 is probably a pretty cool game, but it has "flop" written all over it (not in the least due to Ubisoft publishing it).

For a little comparison:

Tenchu Z for the 360 have sold 0.32 with no PAL Data

PS1 and PS2 versions have only Japanese Data, and they have done there pretty well.

GO AND BUY IT NOW GO AND BUY IT NOW GO AND BUY IT NOW GO AND BUY IT NOW GO AND BUY IT NOW GO AND BUY IT NOW GO AND BUY IT NOW

thanks

Ign said in the Podcast alot better than expected. Its the same guys who did the first game.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Well, Ubisoft isnt advertising this, so the game will definitely flop. Companies should have learned already that if they choose Ubisoft to publish their games they will flop and all the hardwork will go down the drain. Unless of course someone saw a commercial or anything in the likes.

Around the Network

I'd imagine it isn't easy to get a good publisher, Ubisoft is probably easy to get though considering they make it apparant their marketting budget is around $200. V_V

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Already got it preordered but doubt it'll sell well. But I'll be happy.

I don't really think anyone with the right mind expects Tenchu to sell over 100k in the US. Game has written FLOP all over

Yeah, have to agree. This is another game Ubisoft just throws on the shelves without a care in the world if it sells. First week sales will be bad. Real bad likely with Rygar, Deadly Creatures and Bikini Zombie Slayers coming out the same week to split the potential audience for this game.

But if it gets good word of mouth it might inch it's way into decent sales.

Yeah, Ubisoft isn't going to give the game any ad campaign so I expect it to flop. I'm planning on picking it up on Thursday. When I get paid....depending on how my pay check looks heh. My power bill was double what's normal last month. It really ate into my gaming budget.