By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rare: Games to give out Avatar clothing “like Achievements”

http://www.vg247.com/2009/02/03/rare-games-to-give-out-avatar-clothing-like-achievements/

Rare has told VG247 that games will soon give players items of clothing and accessories for their 360 Avatars in the same way they hand out Gamer Points.

“In time… games will be able to give away clothes and accessories just like Achievements,” said art head Lee Musgrave.

As to which games specifically will be using Avatars in this way, the developer wouldn’t be drawn.

“We are currently working with multiple partners who have expressed interest in using Avatars,” added producer Stacey Law.

Currently, Avatars are being dressed in launch clothing, although a few free packs have been given out, such as winter hats and gloves and soccer shirts.

Avatars were added to 360 with the release of New Xbox Experience last year.

Around the Network

I want a Gears of war shirt for getting 1175!

Avatars, Themes, and why not songs from the soundtrack? beat a game and it downloads to your HDD?

It makes sense, small rewards for beating the game.

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Hmmm...so just future games? Seems like they could 'backwards engineer' these so you could be awarded stuff for select already released games. I'm sure many peeps will not care about avatar clothing but stuff like this is a neat little extra reward.

I already posted this. And with the exact same thread title. LOL.

Around the Network

Did Rare develop the NXE? This quote would make it seem so:

“We are currently working with multiple partners who have expressed interest in using Avatars,” added producer Stacey Law.

SamuelRSmith said:
Did Rare develop the NXE? This quote would make it seem so:

I know they developed the avatar system, but I am pretty sure M$ has an internal dev team that develops their Live APIs and frontend.

Yeah, exciting stuff. The fight for the woman and child market.

They are doing this somewhat in Home already however with arcade Titles. I would like to see some retail hold t.

CURRENTLY PLAYING:  Warframe, Witcher 2

I don't know why, but this is kind of the way I expected it all along; complete Gears on Insane and get one of those black t-shirts with the red cogs on it or something.

Oh, give me a Vault 101 uniform for completing Fallout 3. Sweet.