By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - If the conduit or madworld flop?Will there be no more hardcore third party

games?With all this hype from everywhere it would suck that  this 2 games turn out to sell like zack and wiki(It was a comercial failure and you all know it).Sega would no longer publish those types of games also games like winter would never be publish i.Also third parties would probably just focus on casual games from that point onwards and won´t bother.So I think it is really important for both of this games to sell well.Also ign would look bad since they have been saying that there is actually a market for this kind of games.

Around the Network

We just have to do all we can (which isn't much) to make sure these titles are successful.. but its not the end if they aren't very successful (I think they'll each get around 750k) then there are still some big Wii 3rd party games coming out which could surprise everybody (deadly creatures might)

There are already a bunch of core third party games announced for the Wii in 2009. Those won't just disappear.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

If Conduit is very good and still flops, yes, things will be bad.

Although, we have to decide what a flop is for Conduit. For me, I think less than a million ltd is a flop(perhaps not commercially, but it wouldn't be good for the argument that there's a 'core' gamer audience that own Wii).

Madworld on the other hand isn't that important. I'd say House of the Dead: Overkill is more important than that, and I expect it to do well (over a million with legs).

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

You can't ignore that kind of install base, you simply can't. Even if publishers keep getting burned, they'll be compelled to come back

Though MadWorld will probably push 5-800k LTD, and The Conduit will most likely go platinum, so it should be a moot point

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

i think if the conduit flop it will really hurt Wii.

The thing that really worried me is both game got high reviews score but people not buy it ,that would be really bad.I hope this think won't happen again.

But Wii got more games to support gamers ,i think if all of them able to support each other sales thing would be great.(Like some well polished games able to invite more consumer to buy other high quality games ,some kind of chain reaction.) :)

No!

More and more publishers are focusing their resources towards the Wii, and it is unlikely that two new franchises which are produced by developers who have never developed a Multi-million selling game would really have much of an impact on the kinds of games they decided to fund.

I'm pretty sure if even The Conduit can't sell well, no one will try anymore.

We all know there are plenty of traditional games on the Wii that sold well, but publishers ignore that fact. They need The Conduit to sell well, or else it's good bye third party support.

Conduit is an important title for 3rd party to decide whether they should develope core games for Wii. Madworld is not a core title, and therefore the sales should not matter.