By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RE5 impressions(objective)

Well i spent some time with RE5 today, and after hearing treads about how game had controls problem, i was skeptical about the game.

my control setup: type c, sensivity speed  fast.

+ Game looks pretty nice.

+ Controls are not as bad as some people say, but it's definietly not noob friendly.

+ amount the zombies is definetely step up, from the 4.

+ your partner picks up the ammo for you, which is nice.

+ Co-op can be a lot fun if you partner is helpful.

- why are there some many white, spanish zombies, i know theres been controversy about it, but c'mon.

- framerate issues, but it should be fixed.

- babysitting A.I. problem, the three times that i died was because of her.

- sharing ammo, such a painful thing to do, if you want to give someone something other than handgun bullets, you have to call them, press menu, choose the ammo, and choose give option.

- knife is pain in the ass. Not able to move with knife makes it akward to use.

- Can't move while reloading.

It was great, but it has many issues that can be quite annoying. I personally think that increase in zombies makes controls look quite cumbersome than in the 4th installment. I would wait for reviews, if it's worth the time.

Around the Network

The demo turned me off, I will purchase it later for a lower price, instead I will purchase killzone 2.

I actually thought the game was a little too easy with a partner. It was splitscreen with me and my friend, where one of us is the bait and the other is the shooter....

Also you didn't have camera issues?

You do know that not only black people live in Africa, right?

...But pretty fair, objective, agreeable observations all-in-all

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

Acevil said:

The demo turned me off, I will purchase it later for a lower price, instead I will purchase killzone 2.

I actually thought the game was a little too easy with a partner. It was splitscreen with me and my friend, where one of us is the bait and the other is the shooter....

Also you didn't have camera issues?

I did but got used to it, anyway i was playing with A.I. most of the time.

at first i thought this gonna be a sick horror game. after seeing how the game works it not even scary but just a very boring 3rd fps.... i wont be buying/renting

Around the Network

I found the single player a bit on the dull side, but co-op was tons of fun.

My main problem with the controls is that you can't walk and reload at the same time. When you run out of ammo (often when there's a bad guy or five stood next to you) and you auto reload, it's so annoying that you can't move. You can only stand there and get hit.

njHyams said:
I found the single player a bit on the dull side, but co-op was tons of fun.

My main problem with the controls is that you can't walk and reload at the same time. When you run out of ammo (often when there's a bad guy or five stood next to you) and you auto reload, it's so annoying that you can't move. You can only stand there and get hit.

I think enjoyed the game, because of co-op, the way the game works in single player is quite broken, but from co-op perspective it works great, actually.

I'll still rent it, but I can't say I was impressed by the demo.