By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - RUMOR- Friend Codes, 16-player online multiplayer confirmed for The Conduit

If it's true, yay and nay. I loathe loathe loathe friend codes, it should be like PSN that you say "wanna be friends" they say "yes" and from then on they are included in every online game. Not "Bought a new game? Input all of your buddies 16 digit numbers into here and hope they do the same for you!" To hell with friend codes.

16 players online would be a perfectly respectable number. COD4 was only 18 I think.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network
Phoenix_Wiight said:
izaaz101 said:
Phoenix_Wiight said:
ah i hate friend codes, but im glad it has that much multilayer! awesome :)

+1 for me. But now that means 15 of you will be kicking my ass, instead of 7, or 3 or 1.......lol.

lol :o

ill take your friend code when the game comes around

All righty, come June (?) be prepared...........to see how I bumble around on shooters.

@ Vagabond

I absolutely agree.
It's amazing to me that people are so willing to deal with Friend Codes, it is an absolutely atrocious system, and a generation behind Live and PSN.

With that said, The Conduit is definitely garnering my interest as of late. 16-players online could be fun, hopefully the feature-set goes a little deeper than that though.

I've always not understood why we need a friend code for every game. What is wrong with just using the system friend code for every game? Chances are that if you add someone to be your Wii console's friend, you also want to play games with them. Wtf?

Anyways, online Wii games and practically my entire 360's existance are going to be shot down in two months when I don't have high speed internet anymore. Crap! =(

If it had decent "join a session" style online as well I could be very happy with it's online. I love me some stop and pop team shooters and I'm very much looking forward to KZ2 multiplayer, but I was just watching some old Quake 3 videos and I was reminded of how awesome the old style is too.

If the online can manage to be fast and furious with a good and balanced weapon selection, I would totally be up for some old school run and gun. It can be a hard thing to accomplish though. There have been a ton of online shooters but not all actually end up being fun for more than 5 minutes. If the running feels too sluggish, if the weapons are boring or imbalanced, if the arena design is uninspired, then it could just feel very "bleh" and only encourage me to dig up Quake 3 or Unreal tourney from my big basket of old PC games. I really hope they nail it though. I would love it if I could play a shooter of that calibur online with a wiimote instead of a mouse, it would just be cool.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network

Friend codes are no big deal if the multilayer set up is similar to mario kart.

Now Playing: The Witcher (PC)

Consoles Owned: NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, Game Boy, DS

Bah, friends codes are a hassle but just a temporary one. I can live with it. Frankly I don't care about 16 player online. I mean, a great online yes, but CoDWaW is only 8 player and I have no problem with that, so 8, 10, 12, 16, 20 - it's all the same to me.

ugg, I so dislike the FC per game. Though I understand that HVS went FC. If you are going to use Nintendo servers then you will be using FC. Too bad they didn't go with private servers.

Why doesn't some one make a "My Friend Lobby" for WiiWare?
It hunts through you save games where the FC are stored and then allows you to share them with other people who have the game and are on your general Wii FC. Once it recieves a Wii-FC it then alters the save game. That way that's all you ever need. Since the Lobby has access to all FC it can also tell you who is playing what.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

Is this good or bad?