By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Resident Evil 5 Demo: Info and Impression

Today the Resident Evil 5 demo came out on PSN. I downloaded and installed it, and began playing.

The title screen comes up, and you press start. There are three different choices you can then make.

Solo Play-- Play the demo by yourself with an AI replacing the other player.

Co-op Online-- Play the demo with another person.

Co-op Offline-- Play the demo with your buddy on the same TV.

There are four different control schemes, and I assure you there will be at least one that suits you. If you played Resident Evil 4 on PS2 I reccomend either control scheme A or C, and if you didn't play Resident Evil 4 on PS2 I reccomend control scheme B or D.

There are two levels you can choose from, each from different parts of the game I assume. Each level has its own mini boss. One level you fight a huge executioner with an axe, and the other level you fight a man with a chainsaw.

All I can say about this game is overall it is really good. If you liked Resident Evil 4 like myself, you can't go wrong with it. The fact that there is co-op pretty much makes this game a first day purchase for me. It is nice how you have to do everything on the fly now such as heal yourself or switch weapons, it adds tension to the game that was not found in Resident Evil 4. While Resident Evil 5 may be more action and less horror than it used to be, don't let that drive you away from this game, as there is still a lot of tension and it is tons of fun. As many have complained about you cannot move and shoot at the same time. But I like it that way, If you could move and shoot say goodbye to a lot of tension. If they allowed you to move and shoot then Capcom might as well add the ability to take cover and call the game Gears of Evil. As for the knife, A lot have complained about how you cannot move around with your knife out. If you ask me this does not hamper the gameplay at all. The knife was always meant mostly to break open barrels, keep zombies from getting inside a window or getting up a ladder, and finishing zombies when you are running low on ammo. Well guess what, no need to get your knife out and slash at zombies on the ground anymore, if you press square you can either stomp on them if your Chris, or stab them in the gut as Sheva, finishing them off. So what I am trying to say is the knife does its job,  it doesn't need to do anymore.

To summarize my thoughts, If you want to play HD Resident Evil 4 with some minor gameplay changes in Africa as Chris Redfield and Sheva and play co-op with friends offline/online, buy this game.

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
There are 3 other threads discussing this already...

Yeah I know, I just saw someone post RE5 as a disappointment, and I didn't want people to be discouraged about this game.

I think the Knife in RE5 feels longer.

It would be awesome if capcom offers a DLC, make the knife smaller but more effective.

I enjoyed it, once I got used to the controls. I used Type A controls because I am so accustomed to RE 4, so it was a natural fit.

Wasted no time popping off heads, throwing uppercuts, etc.

I love how Chris Redfields punches are so powerful.

Around the Network

seems mehh to me, its ok if its your thing but mehh.

Did you have problems playing online co op?

GamerTag/PSN ID JoshmyersBV (please add me I have 2 friends on Xbox Live)

Everything worked ok except the controls. I worked with Scheme C a bit a sorta got used to it but I still think the controls are a let down. And I'd like all the functions for square and X to be switched for C. Other than the controls, the game seems to be shaping up into a great action game. Wasn't scary one bit, just overwhelming [which is nice when it comes to survival... just not survival horror].

Feels nice when you're low on ammo, being chased by a giant dude with an Axe along with 10 of his pick axe, glass bottle and hatched swinging buddies, and your health is fairly low... With no recovery items. Gotta love the Rush

4 ≈ One

big_boss said:

I didn't but some of my friends experienced bugs where their games froze.

Thechalkblock said:
big_boss said:

I didn't but some of my friends experienced bugs where their games froze.

Same here! The game froze every time I played with someone.

GamerTag/PSN ID JoshmyersBV (please add me I have 2 friends on Xbox Live)