By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I'm so disappointed - RE5 Demo

I went to download the RE5 demo today on PSN. I'm a fan of the original RE games, but, I did enjoy RE4 for the Wii so I thought I'd give this game a try.

Once it's downloaded and installed(lol), I began playing.

First of all I noticed that the sound effects were similiar to RE4. I guess it's okay for a company to recycle it's own sound effects. Anyway, I start the solo campaign because I don't wanna go online without knowing wtf I'm doing. So, I begin the game and here are my complaints:

- The controls are so awkward on the PS controller. Maybe it's because I'm so used to playing RE4 on the Wii that playing with a controller is a bit weird.

- There are WAY to many zombies to fight off. Especially when you only have ten shots with your pistol and five shots with your shotgun.

- It takes way to long to pick up ammo

- The camera control is awkward. Again, me being used to RE4: Wii

- That executioner is way to powerful

I can't even get past the beginning of the demo. Capcom definitely lost a purchase for this game. Maybe I'll pick it up when it's cheaper.

Around the Network

LOL!!

tell me this is sarcasm!!

GLoRySoGLoRy said:
LOL!!

tell me this is sarcasm!!

...no?

Lol, is it another RE5 sucks because it's not a wii tread.

kutasek said:

*thread

And no. I'm not saying it's bad because it's not on the Wii. I'm saying it's bad because it's bad.

Around the Network

I don't know maybe this game have sucky controls and stuff?.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

tehsage said:
kutasek said:

*thread

And no. I'm not saying it's bad because it's not on the Wii. I'm saying it's bad because it's bad.

I'm going try it, since i'm downloading the demo.

kutasek said:
tehsage said:
kutasek said:

*thread

I'm going try it, since i'm downloading the demo.

Lemme know whatcha think.

and in RE4 there was a more "horror" feeling because at most points in the game you were always alone but when i was playing the demo i didnt get scared not even once

I like it and the controls felt good. I can't wait. Also I noticed I could see more textures on screen compared the comparison photo's (RE5 ps3 vs 360). I'm thinking ps3 looks a whole lot better on screen than Pics.

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil