By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 'Too Hard For Americans' is right

Im sure by the title some of you already know what game Im talking about.

The Japanese version of Super Mario Bros. 2

ya Iv beaten this one before (Mario All-Stars) but now Im going through the VC version, and its kicking my ass.

Im at... 5-1 I think or 6-1 and hot damn is this game ever cruel.

Around the Network

The original game was pretty challenging late game itself. Super Mario Bros. 2 JP is extreme mode.

Agreed. I completely understand it's non-Japan release.

i beat the Japanese version years ago, it was very hard game, i have been playing mario forever (SMB hard mode) in the last few weeks, now that game has been kicking my ass.

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

I thought that was what this thread was about. :p I was right, yay.
Yes, it is an hellishly hard game. But good nevertheless. :)

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Around the Network

Well you can't say its too hard for Americans if it wasn't even released in America.

Now Battletoads, that game was hard.

i suck at just the original smb now, so i ain't touching the lost levels with a 50 foot pole.

come try out the computer game i've been working on for my high school senior project, titled sling ball. http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=47568

brawl friendcode - 3823-8201-9151

mario kart wii friendcode - 0387-9491-4552

PM me if you add me plz.

150vg$ bet(with haggy) mk wii 2009 worldwide sales > any 360/ps3 game released in 2009.

current mk wii worldwide sales (jan 9th): 553k

coolestguyever said:
Well you can't say its too hard for Americans if it wasn't even released in America.

It wasn't "hard", it was just fricking cheap at some points! Kind of like in Resistance 2, or even some parts in Gradius IV (stupid hitpoint). :(

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

coolestguyever said:

SMB2 (Japan) is much harder than Battletoads. I beat Battletoads but SMB2 was just infuriatingly difficult!

Signature goes here!

I've oddly heard that lately that trend has been reversed and it's the japanese that have been getting easier games.

Like I think Twesterm said something about it starting right around FF6 with the Atma weapon and Optional dragons.

Possibly because people were pissed about FF4 being cut.