By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Looking to buy a Sega 32x and Sega CD

So I decided I want to start collecting old consoles and old games because, well, I like old consoles and old games.  I recently got myself a Sega Genesis and some games and I want to go ahead and get a 32x and Sega CD.  I know they're terrible but I still want them.

I've only looked around eBay but the prices are insane there.  I know there are places where I should be able to get those things for a few dollars, I just don't know where.  I checked one of the local shops that carry older games but they didn't have other.  I know one other shop I can check but I figure someone here might be an expert on the subject of where to find good old games and old console accessories.

Around the Network
twesterm said:

So I decided I want to start collecting old consoles and old games because, well, I like old consoles and old games.  I recently got myself a Sega Genesis and some games and I want to go ahead and get a 32x and Sega CD.  I know they're terrible but I still want them.

I've only looked around eBay but the prices are insane there.  I know there are places where I should be able to get those things for a few dollars, I just don't know where.  I checked one of the local shops that carry older games but they didn't have other.  I know one other shop I can check but I figure someone here might be an expert on the subject of where to find good old games and old console accessories.

They are the prices that they are on eBay because that's what the are worth.  If you're really lucky, you might find one at a local flea market, but they'll still probably be around the same price.

Here's a video from my band's last show Check out more (bigger) videos here http://www.youtube.com/user/icemanout

Yeah, I figured flea markets are the places to go I just don't know any near me. As for the price, I'm just going off what the AVGN said he got his 32x for (something like $1.50) as opposed to the $30+ they are on eBay.

Sonic Cd is awesome. Oh and the original Mortal Kombat with blood and cd quality sound! Ha ha I still remember all the hype around those times. Also Dragons lair and mad dog Mcree.

Funny, I bought a genesis recently too! Unfortunately, I can't make it work :( I'll probably get a dreamcast soon, they're still pretty cheap, and I think that in a couple of years, you'll have to sell a leg to get it!

Around the Network
TacoBoy49 said:
Sonic Cd is awesome. Oh and the original Mortal Kombat with blood and cd quality sound! Ha ha I still remember all the hype around those times. Also Dragons lair and mad dog Mcree.

knuckles chaotix goes without saying.

Actually knuckles chaotix sucks.  The level design is atrocious in that game.

Star Wars Arcade is sick tho

Actually Star Wars arcade is the most boring piece of shit I ever played.

32x sucks asshole.

Here's a video from my band's last show Check out more (bigger) videos here http://www.youtube.com/user/icemanout
KylieDog said:
The games for those are ridiculous prices, and the games aren't even very good, just rare as hell.

I can't advise trying to collect them.

I got three places I can find games for them fairly cheap (ranging anywhere from $1 to $10 with the good ones being closer to $20), I just can't find the 32x and Sega CD for cheap.

Plus, in an odd way sometimes I really enjoy playing the really bad old games.

Good on you. I wanna get a Sega CD and 32x too. Either that or compress them a whole bunch and put them on the VC. I started collecting Segas after their hardware went under. All I have is a Master System and Genesis though..

8th gen predictions. (made early 2014)
PS4: 60-65m
WiiU: 30-35m
X1: 30-35m
3DS: 80-85m
PSV: 15-20m

Sega CD is not bad. With Lunar 1 and Lunar 2 on it, its already one of the best consoles ever :)

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

twesterm said:

i did exactly that a few years ago. i ebayed like hell and got hold of all my old comps and computers.

in my room i had a gigantic collection of games, including over 100 snes carts same with megadrive and mastersystem etc. also had the atari st and amiga a500 the list goes on.........................but u play them once and they just sit there.

mabey its different with you, but i sold them all off on ebay they wasnt being used at all.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...