By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The PITTSBURG STEELERS are 6 Time NFL WORLD CHAMPS!

The game to me was bull
The final play was not a fumble
And Holmes' right foot wasn't down

Around the Network

They showed numerous times on both feet being down for Holmes and 99% of people that are not bias saw that. Even if the ball was given to the Cardinals with 5 secs left Pittsburg would have had all their dbs in the endzone waiting a hail mary pass.Game over, Steelers are Super Bowl 43 Champs!

iWillCrushAllWhoDefyMe!                                                                           PN ID- DrivenToExcell -if you want to add me to your friends list tell me where you know me from(vgchartz) www.twitter.com/driventoexcell

Rath said:
Why do you call it the World Championship?

I mean, isn't the sport pretty much exclusive to North America?

Well,they are Super Bowl 43 Champions!

iWillCrushAllWhoDefyMe!                                                                           PN ID- DrivenToExcell -if you want to add me to your friends list tell me where you know me from(vgchartz) www.twitter.com/driventoexcell

Why do the losing team's fans always blame the refs in close games?

Yeah the feet were in the endzone, if you want to blame anyone, blame one of the 3 defensive guys around Holmes not turning around to see the ball and swat it/intercept it. That play could have easily been avoided.

Around the Network
HALOOOOOOOO said:
GLoRySoGLoRy said:
ughhh, Steelers winning Superbowl agian it brings me painful...painful memories back in Superbowl XL.

Yeah, and how do you think I felt back then? This pic pretty much sums up where the refs were in that game:

This game was fine from what I saw though. And I wanted the Steelers to win since the Cardinals have never done so before, and they're in the same division as the Seahawks.

However, when Roethlisberger dove for the touchdown this time, it got called back. I actually though he got it this time. A far cry from Super Bowl XL:

The ball did not cross the line. But what was the final call?

This has happened to the Hawks before too, which I clearly remember:

2. Vinny Testaverde's TD (121 letters)

I am a lifelong Jets fan with many remembrances of officiating gone awry (Keyshawn no-TD call vs. Redskins in '96, anyone?), but it is one that was in their favor that I will remember as the worst I have seen.

Against the Seattle Seahawks in the 1998-99 season, Vinny Testaverde was ruled in the end zone after running a quarterback sneak on the last play of the game to give the J-E-T-S the win, but clearly he was down more than a foot from the goal line before he stretched out his arms to get the TD call. The Jets go on to win their division and get to the AFC championship, while the loss keeps the Seaducks out of the playoffs. After the season, the Jets then vote for instant replay... go figure.
Phil Bieber
Eagan, Minn.

Vinny dived for the end zone and fell far short. Phil Luckett ruled it a touchdown. Said the officials afterward, "We mistook his helmet for the football."
Drew Zahn
Sandwich, Ill.

This comes from ESPN's Page 2 series, in the reader's choice of worst calls in sports history. I see I'm not the only one who remembered this travesty.

Sigh... The worst officiating calls in superbowl history SuperBowl XL. Officials should of just give the Lombardi thropy to the Steelers before the game. 

Haha wow shows what real football fans ya'll are
His feet were clearly not in and maybe if u would've watched the rest of it after the game HOLMES ADMITTED TO IT

The Cardinals should have won. All their D had to do was stop the Steelers for the last 2 1/2 minutes and win, but they couldn't.

Fitzgerald heated up in the 4th quarter and Warner had an amazing game. 377 yards 3TD's for Warner.

Big Ben is waaayyy overrated, Holmes (former drug dealer) bailed him out by making some big catches.

Jboy0990 said:
The game to me was bull
The final play was not a fumble
And Holmes' right foot wasn't down

I agree that the last play wasn't a fumble, but Holmes' foot was down. I'll admit that. If the Cards D hadn't given up that huge pass play by holmes on the last drive they would have stopped them.

lol at seahawk fans. Just let it go been years. This was a great game . Thought it be more of a blowout. But nope Cards played their hearts out too bad it was too late when they got going. Top 5 SB for sure . Congrats to Steelers .