By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The PITTSBURG STEELERS are 6 Time NFL WORLD CHAMPS!

This was an amazing game and a terrific catch by Holmes.Much props to the Steeler organization! Go Steelers 2009!

iWillCrushAllWhoDefyMe!                                                                           PN ID- DrivenToExcell -if you want to add me to your friends list tell me where you know me from(vgchartz) www.twitter.com/driventoexcell

Around the Network

It was an amazing game. I really enjoyed it from start to finish. I was really impressed with the Ref's this year, thought they called the game very fair both ways. Congrats to the Steelers, only team with 6 World Championships.

Why do you call it the World Championship?

I mean, isn't the sport pretty much exclusive to North America?

Very close match. I think the 2 teams were much better matched up than anyone would have thought. Lots of credit to the Cardinals to holding their own.

Commercials pretty much stunk for 3 SB's in a row.

oh and its not world champs, its Super Bowl champs normally.

Americans call every National championship a World Title. To them it is like the USA is the only place in world. I believe NFL/Grid Iron is only played it USA, so that would make the NFL champions World champions or Grid Iron.

Around the Network

Pitt fan here. Just a great game...me and my buddies were on the edge of our seats. gotta give then Cardinals credit..they played great. Probably one of the best superbowls ive watched.

"Tell me why does it have to be so hard

to let go when it?s your final day

...When death is on it's way"

ughhh, Steelers winning Superbowl agian it brings me painful...painful memories back in Superbowl XL.

How can they be NFL world champs, if the NFL is just American, what is exactly world about it?

highwaystar101 said:
How can they be NFL world champs, if the NFL is just American, what is exactly world about it?

it just a casual remark from the media. Just to attract more casual "fans" of any Sport.

its as bad as john madden saying, "this two teams are heavyweights"

GLoRySoGLoRy said:
ughhh, Steelers winning Superbowl agian it brings me painful...painful memories back in Superbowl XL.

Yeah, and how do you think I felt back then? This pic pretty much sums up where the refs were in that game:

This game was fine from what I saw though. And I wanted the Steelers to win since the Cardinals have never done so before, and they're in the same division as the Seahawks.

However, when Roethlisberger dove for the touchdown this time, it got called back. I actually though he got it this time. A far cry from Super Bowl XL:

The ball did not cross the line. But what was the final call?

This has happened to the Hawks before too, which I clearly remember:

2. Vinny Testaverde's TD (121 letters)

I am a lifelong Jets fan with many remembrances of officiating gone awry (Keyshawn no-TD call vs. Redskins in '96, anyone?), but it is one that was in their favor that I will remember as the worst I have seen.

Against the Seattle Seahawks in the 1998-99 season, Vinny Testaverde was ruled in the end zone after running a quarterback sneak on the last play of the game to give the J-E-T-S the win, but clearly he was down more than a foot from the goal line before he stretched out his arms to get the TD call. The Jets go on to win their division and get to the AFC championship, while the loss keeps the Seaducks out of the playoffs. After the season, the Jets then vote for instant replay... go figure.
Phil Bieber
Eagan, Minn.

Vinny dived for the end zone and fell far short. Phil Luckett ruled it a touchdown. Said the officials afterward, "We mistook his helmet for the football."
Drew Zahn
Sandwich, Ill.

This comes from ESPN's Page 2 series, in the reader's choice of worst calls in sports history. I see I'm not the only one who remembered this travesty.