By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is Resident Evil: REMake & Resident Evil: Zero worth owning?

I saw both games at Gamestop for $10 for Resident Evil Zero and Resident Evil: REMake $15. Both are on the Gamecube, but considering I enjoyed RE4. I think it will be hard for me to adapt to the older ones.

Are they worth the admission?

Around the Network

definitely, theyre amazing games

I just find it hard to adapt back to those games considering RE4 new control scheme especially on the Wii.

I owned Resident Evil: REMake on the Gamecube and had a hard time playing it.

buy them right away, REmake is the best RE and RE0 has more insight on the creation of the t-virus. if you do buy them try controller type C for REmake it feels way better than RE4 gamecube controls(sadly RE0 doesn't have a controller type C option)

I will//I will be purchasing them tomorrow probably!//I saw them and was like dude I need to purchase these ASAP. Alot of Gamestops are beginning to clear the Gamecube used section out of their store and so are the Xbox sections. I need to really go hard and buy these classic titles.

Around the Network

ya, you need to get used the controls. theyre much different from RE4, but its a lot scarier. i recommend using a guide, atleast for RE, its difficult if you don't know how to play that kind of game and you can get stuck (i used a guide my first time)

Yea when I owned Resident Evil: REMake on the Gamecube a couple of months ago. I use a guide on Gamefaqs//but I was just getting pissed because I didn't knw what to do as far as some would do quick walkthrough or full walkthrough//I will get both though, cause they are classics to own on the Gamecube.

Gamestop is also selling: Wind Waker and Super Mario Sunshine for the Gamecube $10 each.

I have RE and RE:Zero for the GC and they are awesome games.  If you have a chance to pick them up, its a no brainer (regardless of cost).

I also have RE4 (GC), which just took the series to a whole new lvl...but doesn't make the other games any less worthy of owning.  Hell, I love RE2 on the N64 as well.

- kw

if you don't have wind waker or sunshine either, pick them up. wind waker IMO was one of the best zelda games, and mario sunshine, while not amazing, was a pretty fun game. 10 bucks is a steal

Phoenix_Wiight said:
if you don't have wind waker or sunshine either, pick them up. wind waker IMO was one of the best zelda games, and mario sunshine, while not amazing, was a pretty fun game. 10 bucks is a steal

I totally 2nd that thought about Windwaker.  An absolutely fantastic game.  TBH, a few weeks ago I decided to pop it in because I never finished the game.  I couldn't believe when I saw the save file...the date was from back in 2003.  It had been almost 5 years since I had played the game last.  I felt like I was starting from scratch at first cause I din't remember anything, but after another dungeon or two I was as deep into it as ever and it is one hell of an amazing adventure.  Even at 6 or 7 years old...the game still looks as beautiful and immersive as anything in progressive mode.  Simply ingenious.

- kw