By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So...I just got Jak 2 and Sly 2...

i havent played any games in either series before...  i wont be lost/confused will i?

which is better...?

which should i start with?

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network

Start with Jak 2. It is one of my all-time favourite games. Sly is good, Jak is world class. The story is amazing, the gameplay tight and varied, and there's just a general 'magic' to it which is hard to define.

My Blog, Please Have A Read:

http://Proseandconsoles.blogspot.com

Jak I is the best Jak game. You can't go wrong with that one. Sly 2 was good, but the whoel Sly series isn't as good as the Jak series.

You should get the first Jak and Daxter. Its platforming heaven. My favourite PS2 game by a long way. Jak II is pretty good but its got nothing on Jak and Daxter.

Jak2 all the way for me!!!

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

Around the Network

Jak II. I didn't really like the first Sly, so I skipped the 2nd. Jak II was great. So was part 3.

Wiped said:
Start with Jak 2. It is one of my all-time favourite games. Sly is good, Jak is world class. The story is amazing, the gameplay tight and varied, and there's just a general 'magic' to it which is hard to define.

Ditto. Jak 2 is a masterpeice.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

skipping jak 1 (like i did) is not bad. u basically dont know of the significance of a few characters, but the story as a whole makes sense.

skipping sly 1 will again leave out some significance, but in sly that significance is central to the story. its not as story driven as jak so its not too much of a problem.

my pillars of gaming: kh, naughty dog, insomniac, ssb, gow, ff

i officially boycott boycotts.  crap.

Yeah, I didn't play jak & daxter, just Jak 2 (and hopefully I will get to jak 3 sometime in the future) But I was able to keep up with the story. Just think of the game as a standalone product, not relying on the former game's story too much. Like the indiana jones movies. Basically just seperate adventures with the same character.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Sly 2 is prety great, don't overlook the series because it's not as popular. It's really good.