By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Megaton: Wii Sports is NOT the highest selling game ever! Not even close.

dib8rman said:
Wii sports is the highest selling game.

Mario was the previous one. This tells one story:

Wii sports and Mario are both exclusive titles, ie. If GTAIV sold over 45 million copies it would of been known as the highest selling game, in that regard guess what this means for Wii Sports?

Were talking about consoles. In your case Mr/Ms of the OP minesweeper murders bejeweled, I can't imagine how many people have played baseball or even better yet soccer, while were at it let's qualify as the highest selling game: catch *When one tosses an object and the other catches it*.

/Thread

You make no sense. Bejeweled is not a free game, it just has a free trial. The bejeweled franchise sold 24 millions on RETAIL, and knowing that almost all of Popcap's business comes from digital distribution, is it so hard to believe the franchise sold atleast 100 millions?

Around the Network
shio said:
dib8rman said:
Wii sports is the highest selling game.

Mario was the previous one. This tells one story:

Wii sports and Mario are both exclusive titles, ie. If GTAIV sold over 45 million copies it would of been known as the highest selling game, in that regard guess what this means for Wii Sports?

Were talking about consoles. In your case Mr/Ms of the OP minesweeper murders bejeweled, I can't imagine how many people have played baseball or even better yet soccer, while were at it let's qualify as the highest selling game: catch *When one tosses an object and the other catches it*.

/Thread

You make no sense. Bejeweled is not a free game, it just has a free trial. The bejeweled franchise sold 24 millions on RETAIL, and knowing that almost all of Popcap's business comes from digital distribution, is it so hard to believe the franchise sold atleast 100 millions?

For once, I agree with shio.

lol still it is the best selling console game of all time! live with it!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

hmm..no words for this silliness ..

come on shio, stop being so pathetic and admit Wii Sports is the best selling game ever.

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

The most hilarious part of this is how easy it would be to joke that Wii Sports is tracking ahead of Bejeweled.

Around the Network

Wii Sports is the highest selling console game, end of story.

Some people are actually able to use their heads while reading such stories. Of course the game doesn't come close to the sales of bejeweled so it is quite easy to know it is the highest selling console game.

But I guess some "journalists" live in their own world and just want to find something negative. So instead of just using their heads as well, these people go out and claim "ZOMG! But Bejeweled has sold more!", like it could help them to kill casual gaming or something (which is even more ironic as Bejeweled or Solitair are quite "casual" as well).

Edit: Another thing worth noting is that all the fuzz about Wii Sports is because it is such a mighty and big franchise now. This isn't about "but my console has the biggest games on it", this is about knowing how big of a franchise Wii Sports is now. Just look at Super Mario: It started as a bundled game on NES and is now the biggest franchise in videogaming business. And if the whole gaming world wasn't into this irrational fanboy war thing people would actually see how big of a story it is.

@shio

I can't make sense if your not trying to understand.

Here's what it is plain and simple, if someone sais "Wii Sports" is the best selling game, they are wrong unless they are talking about:

If you need help here's your answer - Consoles' yes that's right consoles.

Also Shio packaging costs are covered with the purchase of the PC/Mac/ whatever that your buying for minesweeper.

/Thread yet?

Listen buddy Wii Sports is the best selling game on a console and that's it, all your doing now is moving the goal post into PC, which is fine - then guess what, Wii sports isn't the best selling game anymore, it's whatever game people play the most and that game would probably be catch.

If you want I can really make no sense to you and go into an explination on the semantics of price and value which could prove that doing anything costs something and you'd just have to respond with some other single line response like: "Your being a dumbass." To which I'll just report it and wish you a good day.

Or

You can appreciate that numbers aren't there to be spun around. Either way, this is a fun thread now, *bookmarked*

In the end, I like your sig, but your doing something very obvious, your mixing contexts to suite your ends, that's called spin, you depreciate the value of anything that doesn't suit what you want, if everyone thought like that then I'd be even deeper in the money than I am now.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

btw I'm not sure if I said this above but I'm saving your sig and sending it to a friend, because he thinks consoles FTW XD, when really he's console playing scum. =P

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Pointless article. Why compare console games vs computer games. No one (Edit: okay a few sites may have but they simply forgot to type the almighty word console in front of videogame) ever stated Wii Sports was the highest selling game ever. It has only been stated that it is the highest selling console game.

Louie said:
Wii Sports is the highest selling console game, end of story.

Some people are actually able to use their heads while reading such stories. Of course the game doesn't come close to the sales of bejeweled so it is quite easy to know it is the highest selling console game.

But I guess some "journalists" live in their own world and just want to find something negative. So instead of just using their heads as well, these people go out and claim "ZOMG! But Bejeweled has sold more!", like it could help them to kill casual gaming or something (which is even more ironic as Bejeweled or Solitair are quite "casual" as well).

That's not it. When Wii Sports passed Super Mario Bros. numbers, it was claimed by many sites as the highest selling game of alltime, ahead of Bejeweled. Some sites even claimed it was the most successful game ever (unfortunately including VGChartz), ahead of World of Warcraft! (obviously not true).