By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Are people here really this biased or just messing around?

I take a look at the poll for 360 sales by the end of 2009, and the selection of "less than 33 million" has been chosen more than the others. So basically the 360 won't even sell 5 million consoles this year. I lol at that.

Around the Network

lulz. well i just jumped in for SO4... so +1 xbox 360 sold. :D

Wishful thinking on some peoples part, 360 will breeze past 33 mil easily.

Yes, even if sales are flat from now that's 10m sold by the end of the year. That's without the holiday season - it will be at the high-end of the poll for certain.

TBH

I am more worried about the 118 people who voted greater than 42 million

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
It isnt some people... its a lot of people... but in the end it will just be a lot of people who are wrong.

You have to understand that this site has fewer 360 fans (fanboys) than either the PS3 or Wii. The PS3 will always come out well on this site in terms of sales predictions and most wanted and user review polls... so yeah.. its biased. But most people have a bias of some kind in all things in life. You do get some ridiculous results and comments as a result though. (i.e. <33m cosoles sold by end of 2010)

its no big problem really.... actually its good fun when they are all so wrong over and over and over and over and... you get the idea......

What platform do you game on the most?

DS 185 6.63%

PC 192 6.88%

PS3 1,024 36.69%

PSP 53 1.90%

Wii 662 23.72%

XBOX 360 675 24.18%

darthdevidem01 said:
TBH

a $100 pricecut would do that

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

darthdevidem01 said:
TBH

the X360 sold ~11.5m units last year, so if it took off comparatively it could do 14m units in one year. Now personally I doubt it, but not unbelievable.

anyways, yes this site is littered with PS3, X360 and Wii Fanboys and people who are generally ignorant of sales even though this is a sales website.

@scottie

I strongly believe people cheated on that poll. I can't believe there are twice as many PS3 fans on a site about sales when it is in last than there are Wii fans when it is doing the best. This site is probably the most pro-wii out of all the game sites I visit on occasion.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

A lot of people thought the Xbox 360 would end last year at 22 miilion sold.

@kowenicki

yeah ure right

possibility of 42 m i greater than 33

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey