By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - OPM RE5 REVIEW ARRIVES -- 5/5!

windbane said:
For those of you that don't trust reviewers, what the hell do you rely on to buy games? You just rent every single game to see if it's worth it? Give me a break.

It is not about not trusting the reivew but rather how they described the game is. From a RE fans point of view it would appear how they described it like it has become even closer then number 4 to a fps instead of a survival horror.

Around the Network

The negativity surrounding this game lately is ridiculous.

Yes, Resident Evil has changed. Welcome to 2004!
I'd just like somebody to explain to me how RE5 is anymore of an "fps" (lol) than RE4. Because it has co-op? God forbid Capcom try to add something new to the series.

And I thought people would have learned by now not to dismiss a game based on a demo >_>

this demo is absolutely brillant. If you liked/loved RE4 then you'll enjoy this game. co-op actually makes it alot more fun too, and no it doesn't make it easier - I've died plenty of times in the demo. It's just that now that you have a partner they've adjusted the difficulty accordingly. I haven't even been able to kill either the executioner or chainsaw dude yet...and people are saying it's easy? geat real. Also, no ammo complaints? You are meant to conserve ammo and use bullets sparingly. Stun an enemy then walk up and finish them off...

Anyway, I can't wait till this game releases. I'm even thinking of buying the Asian copy so I can get it one week before it releases elswhere. Not sure where all the negativity surrounding this game is coming from. Are these the same people who hated RE4? or are they people who never played RE4 before?

Well, it's a shame if people won't buy the game or w/e. I personally think it's fantastic and the co-op brings it to a new level (of fun). It's just as frantic and intense as RE4 was, now you have have a partner to fight. Just because some people are whinging about the controls, or the ammo, or the difficulty won't stop me from buying this day one. I love the demo and I have no doubt the game will be just as good.

P.S. I love the complaints of "blah blah blah....but I'll still buy the game day 1" lol

shame its same shit as re4... and why do devs think we like games set in day time?

Cobretti2 said:
windbane said:
For those of you that don't trust reviewers, what the hell do you rely on to buy games? You just rent every single game to see if it's worth it? Give me a break.

It is not about not trusting the reivew but rather how they described the game is. From a RE fans point of view it would appear how they described it like it has become even closer then number 4 to a fps instead of a survival horror.

That's a fair point, but I'm more talking about people that say reviews are worthless and can't be used as a tool to differentiate bad games from good games.