By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Burn Demos to a Disc on PS3?

axumblade said:
Onyxmeth said:
ssj12 said:
L.C.E.C. said:
@Paladin:

Well, that sucks... I think I'll do the "game-share" thing you were talking about...

Also, It definitely works on X360... That's how I played the RE5 demo back in December...

so you pirated a demo... thats sad

Why is it sad? It's a free demo that just happened to be unavailable to western audiences. Burning the demo became the only way of playing it. Really what is so sad about that?

@LCEC-I did a quick Google search and it seems it's possible, but all signs point to you needing to burn it onto a Blu-Ray disc, which would mean you would need a Blu-Ray burner. I'll take the liberty of assuming you don't have either, so I would say you should just swallow the $5 for a pre-order and get a code from Gamestop. If you don't like the game, then just cancel the pre-order and get your money back.

Why not just create a European account and download through that? that's how I get stuff that isn't released in the U.S.

Hm... would that work? I know that people did that with the RE5 Demo on X360 on Japanese before they region-locked it (IP address-blocking)...

But, that woud be the most viable option... I mean hell, I don't care if sony has an 3 of my profiles due to their own stupidity in the inability to make it possible for a user to Delete their own account... Not my problem...

Around the Network
Onyxmeth said:
L.C.E.C. said:

@Onyxmeth: Thanks for the defense Onyx... and here I thought you hated me...

Hates a strong word. Let's just say I had a strong dislike for you. I don't hold grudges though so it's nothing to worry about anymore. I just hope you weren't serious or were drunk or something when you were mouthing off because that's the kind of shit you only hear on Xbox Live or 4chan.

"(Frankly, there's no reason for you to show up here again. We don't need people like you at this site.)"
- that is where I got the word hate from... That, and a 30-day ban...

Eh, Drunk? No...

Buzzed? Perhaps

(I accidently drank my mom's drink a couple times... Needless to say, it was really strong, but the flavor of the Purple Gatorade covered the taste up, and I'd burned my tounge that night, plus a cold, so I didn't taste anything different for a while)...

Tired as shit? Yes.

Pissed off from people rubbing it in my face and calling me names and talking a bunch of racial-shit to me via Social Networking sites?
DEFINITELY...

but sometimes those things often have the same effect...

I don't think your going to have luck playing anything other than a retail blu-ray disc.

Onyxmeth said:
ssj12 said:
L.C.E.C. said:
@Paladin:

Well, that sucks... I think I'll do the "game-share" thing you were talking about...

Also, It definitely works on X360... That's how I played the RE5 demo back in December...

Why is it sad? It's a free demo that just happened to be unavailable to western audiences. Burning the demo became the only way of playing it. Really what is so sad about that?

@LCEC-I did a quick Google search and it seems it's possible, but all signs point to you needing to burn it onto a Blu-Ray disc, which would mean you would need a Blu-Ray burner. I'll take the liberty of assuming you don't have either, so I would say you should just swallow the $5 for a pre-order and get a code from Gamestop. If you don't like the game, then just cancel the pre-order and get your money back.

here is the sad part. It is still illegal to do. So no matter what he perfoprmed illegal actions for a DEMO.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

ssj12 said:
Onyxmeth said:
ssj12 said:
L.C.E.C. said:
@Paladin:

here is the sad part. It is still illegal to do. So no matter what he perfoprmed illegal actions for a DEMO.

So it's illegal because you say so ?

Give me some proof, because I really don't know if it's illegal or not.

I download demos from the internet as well. Even those which are available in my country, but I have better download speed on my computer. I'm also saving space on my 360 20GB HDD.

Around the Network
Barozi said:
ssj12 said:
Onyxmeth said:
ssj12 said:
L.C.E.C. said:
@Paladin:

So it's illegal because you say so ?

Give me some proof, because I really don't know if it's illegal or not.

I download demos from the internet as well. Even those which are available in my country, but I have better download speed on my computer. I'm also saving space on my 360 20GB HDD.

It is illegal for two reasons.

1. You do not have property rights to the software you are downloading. When you download it off XBL your username is basically licensing the use of the software.

2. When its software from another country, even if its coming to the US a month after that release, the demo is under agreement from both Microsoft and the developer of the game that the game is only supposed to be played by people of a specific regoin before another.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453