By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Burn Demos to a Disc on PS3?

Is it possible to burn demos to a cd/dvd like on XBOX 360? Or maybe I can put it on my hard-drive through file-transfer somehow w/ my PC? I have a PS3, and I am only just now slighlty interested in Killzone 2, but I don't want to make a commitment of buying the game, just to find out if I really want it or not, and I don't really want to wait 3 weeks to play it after it is released...

So is it possible, or not? Thanks in advance...

Around the Network

I don't really get what you're asking here. You want to know if you can the demo file on the internet, burn it to a disk, and have the console copy over the file and play it?

If that is the case, no.

If you want to play the Killzone 2 demo you'll have to,
A- Pre-order it from Gamestop
B- Game share with somebody who has a pre-order code from Gamestop and has already used it to download the demo (sign into their account on your PS3 and redownload the demo from their download history)
C- Wait till around February 27th when the demo will be made available for everybody.

Does that work for the 360? Though even if it does, I'd have doubts about it being allowed by Microsoft.

@Paladin:

Well, that sucks... I think I'll do the "game-share" thing you were talking about...

Also, It definitely works on X360... That's how I played the RE5 demo back in December...

L.C.E.C. said:
@Paladin:

Well, that sucks... I think I'll do the "game-share" thing you were talking about...

Also, It definitely works on X360... That's how I played the RE5 demo back in December...

so you pirated a demo... thats sad

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

ssj12 said:
L.C.E.C. said:
@Paladin:

Ah, I was noticing that looking up putting demo's on cd/dvd's usually brought up torrent sites.

Around the Network

What a bizarre and arbitrary way to go about playing a demo.
Just save yourself the time and effort of doing all these shady things and buy the game when it releases.
Listen to the review sites on this one, IMO they will not be wrong.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

ssj12 said:
L.C.E.C. said:
@Paladin:

Why is it sad? It's a free demo that just happened to be unavailable to western audiences. Burning the demo became the only way of playing it. Really what is so sad about that?

@LCEC-I did a quick Google search and it seems it's possible, but all signs point to you needing to burn it onto a Blu-Ray disc, which would mean you would need a Blu-Ray burner. I'll take the liberty of assuming you don't have either, so I would say you should just swallow the $5 for a pre-order and get a code from Gamestop. If you don't like the game, then just cancel the pre-order and get your money back.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Onyxmeth said:
ssj12 said:
L.C.E.C. said:
@Paladin:

Why is it sad? It's a free demo that just happened to be unavailable to western audiences. Burning the demo became the only way of playing it. Really what is so sad about that?

@LCEC-I did a quick Google search and it seems it's possible, but all signs point to you needing to burn it onto a Blu-Ray disc, which would mean you would need a Blu-Ray burner. I'll take the liberty of assuming you don't have either, so I would say you should just swallow the $5 for a pre-order and get a code from Gamestop. If you don't like the game, then just cancel the pre-order and get your money back.

@Onyxmeth: Thanks for the defense Onyx... and here I thought you hated me...

Actually, my dad works at sony and... Just kidding, hahaha... I actually already did a google search myself and couldn't find anything... but whatever, a Blu-ray burner is not worth it... Hm... I guess I'll probably just pre-order the game... even if it is only # 4 or 5 on my soon-to-buy-need-to-buy list...  I already did a google search myself and couldn't find anything... but whatever, a BLu-ray burner is not worth it...but forcing someone to buy the game to play the demo just doesn't make any sense... It's like some kind of secret reverse-psychology that can only be used by jedi...

@ssj12: not only is what Onyxmeth said true, and the sole reason at the time of why I did it, but also, as I found out later, it saves hard-disk space, which I am short on on my 360. I only have 1.7 GB left, thanks to a whopping 6.8 Gigs taken up by Ninja Gaiden: Black :P

And I made like 5 of my friends happy by either telling them how to do it, or burning them a copy... Which is how I got to borrow Gears of War and play throught the storyline (and a bit of mp)... So, in the end, everyone wins!

You don't need to buy the game to play the demo. Guerilla have said this several times: EVERYBODY with PSN will get a pre-release demo, the pre-orderers will just get it first. Expect the demo roughly a week after they get theirs, perhaps the update on 12th February, 19th at the latest.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

L.C.E.C. said:

@Onyxmeth: Thanks for the defense Onyx... and here I thought you hated me...

Hates a strong word. Let's just say I had a strong dislike for you. I don't hold grudges though so it's nothing to worry about anymore. I just hope you weren't serious or were drunk or something when you were mouthing off because that's the kind of shit you only hear on Xbox Live or 4chan.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.