By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Games for Windows Live Fails Again... what a shock

ssj12 said:
JaggedSac said:

LOL.  Yeah, this 'journalist' is pathetic.  GFW might be crap, but that doesn't excuse you from doing your job.

You do know that Bit-Tech is the leading review company for hardware and software in the UK right... you calling him pathetic doesnt work since his columns are typically amazing.

And he will have a review of the expansion sometime in the future.

His columns being "typically amazing" doesn't excuse what he says in this article. Him working for a respectable site does not make him a person we must automatically respect. Based on this article, he's revealed enough about himself and his office for me to confidently say he and a lot of people around him had at least one half-assed, lazy day.

Do you work like this at your job ssj12? You don't seem to have too much of an issue with the things he said regarding office activity.

@Paladin-I agree that Windows Live is probably utter crap. Unfortunately, thems is the breaks. At least MS isn't making people pay for that crap any longer.

I didn't know about the torrents still requiring Live. I stand corrected.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network
Onyxmeth said:
ssj12 said:
JaggedSac said:

LOL.  Yeah, this 'journalist' is pathetic.  GFW might be crap, but that doesn't excuse you from doing your job.

You do know that Bit-Tech is the leading review company for hardware and software in the UK right... you calling him pathetic doesnt work since his columns are typically amazing.

And he will have a review of the expansion sometime in the future.

His columns being "typically amazing" doesn't excuse what he says in this article. Him working for a respectable site does not make him a person we must automatically respect. Based on this article, he's revealed enough about himself and his office for me to confidently say he and a lot of people around him had at least one half-assed, lazy day.

Do you work like this at your job ssj12? You don't seem to have too much of an issue with the things he said regarding office activity.

@Paladin-I agree that Windows Live is probably utter crap. Unfortunately, thems is the breaks. At least MS isn't making people pay for that crap any longer.

I didn't know about the torrents still requiring Live. I stand corrected.

No, mainly because im a cashier.

Anyways, I dont have an issue with him asking for help from his officemates because as tech reviews benchmarks take ages so if they are benchmarking 30 peices of hardware all you have to do i click your settings and start the programs. Not hard. So his officemates probably had time to waste till their benchmarks and other projects were going to be complete.

He also didnt state how long they helped, if they all just assisted for like 15 or 20 minutes who cares. That is just a couple minutes longer than a 3Dmark benchmark takes.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

I'm not sure which annoys me more his picture or his inability to write. Not that I'm trying to defend Windows Live games, I've tried using it before, it's a total piece of shit.

^go with picture!! /LOL

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

flagship said:
I'm not sure which annoys me more his picture or his inability to write. Not that I'm trying to defend Windows Live games, I've tried using it before, it's a total piece of shit.

its a blog style column.. its supposed to be written like that.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network

I wouldn't use the windows live unless microsoft actually supported it. And they aren't. So...

Actually, I wouldn't use it at all, since it's unnecessary. Gamersgate is for me.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

flagship said:

Oh come on man, stop messing with Otacon. He's just keeping himself busy since the war is over.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

ssj12 said:
a12331 said:
this guy is stupid, he is trying to run live through the game instead of the client instead. The client has the add-on and not live through the game. He should have never received the game for free considering how smart he is.
/end rant

For one, if the client is how it should be there should be a way to get add-ons through the game even if it just kicks you back to windows and prompts you a little box that says buy or enter key here. Most steam games with a community feature has this.

Also I have seen LIVE PC ran through a game. DOWII is a perfect example and is the major reason I will never even play the demo. It makes you register a LIVE account. Well f that.

I never called games for windows live good, i think it is still incomplete unlike steam the in-game client and the main client are not connected. I just saying this guy is not that smart. He spend hours trying to fix a problem that wasn't a problem at all. he could have gone to the main game for windows live site it, and it tells you what to do.  He himself wasted two hours and then blamed it on Microsoft for his own stupidity. My friends and I had no trouble getting the expansion but he spent 2 hours trying to make it work and failed at it. 

I remember how horrible Steam was in the begining... Counter Strike lost thousand of people because the crappy client. Valve has gone a long way in almost FIVE f'n years. GFW Live may have some problems but they'll be fixed eventually. I think that Microsoft should have the ability to boot into a striped down Games Only version of Windows that uses a more streamed line interface for gaming with channles for services like Steam so you can use those while in that, but stupid services that are normally running don't start because you don't need them.