By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - It's all gone :(

Bboid said:

Well, I only played it once a week and I didn't play any of the other systems at all.  Most of what I sold was still sealed and for collecting reasons only.  I needed the space it was taking up in my den for a full service bar.  I'm sure I'll eventually buy a NES off ebay and the 3-5 games I played for novelty but I don't need em. 

Not all that relevant but I was intrigued, what were the games that you played?

Proud member of the Sonic Support Squad

Around the Network
smallflyingtaco said:
Bboid said:

Well, I only played it once a week and I didn't play any of the other systems at all.  Most of what I sold was still sealed and for collecting reasons only.  I needed the space it was taking up in my den for a full service bar.  I'm sure I'll eventually buy a NES off ebay and the 3-5 games I played for novelty but I don't need em. 

Not all that relevant but I was intrigued, what were the games that you played?

mario series, zelda series, megaman series, excite bike, mike tysons punchout. I wish to keep list and pricing private. Price is relatively inflated because of sealed games, accesores and hardware.

I understand. You have to let go of everything, sometime.

Besides, the content is more important than the physical media. Virtual Console for the winnar.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Well a lot of those are on the VC but it is probably cheaper to just get those few carts and an NES clone then a Wii and 2 points cards.

smallflyingtaco said:
Well a lot of those are on the VC but it is probably cheaper to just get those few carts and an NES clone then a Wii and 2 points cards.

There are costs besides money. Also, there are benefits besides simply being able to play the game. Cartridges and consoles take up space (in the OP's case, enough space for a bar) and AV connections. VC games don't require you to stand up to switch cartridges, allow you to use a wireless controller, and freeze any game you're playing when you switch games.

Sure, it would be nice, if given infinite resources, to be a collector. But since I live in a limited space, it's nice just to be able to play those games on one console.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network

I have a sealed copy of Sim City.

I have trouble getting rid of old collector's items, IDK why.

We'll miss you George.

PSN:Puzzleface

XBL:XpuzzlefaceX

My friends call me Hadoken because I'm down-right fierce

famousringo said:
smallflyingtaco said:

There are costs besides money. Also, there are benefits besides simply being able to play the game. Cartridges and consoles take up space (in the OP's case, enough space for a bar) and AV connections. VC games don't require you to stand up to switch cartridges, allow you to use a wireless controller, and freeze any game you're playing when you switch games.

Sure, it would be nice, if given infinite resources, to be a collector. But since I live in a limited space, it's nice just to be able to play those games on one console.

There are a lot of reasons to get a Wii beyond just those, even without getting games on disc there is also WiiWare and entire other consoles of VC games.