By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Anybody play the stranglehold demo?

I love the demo. It wasn't the prettiest game but the amount of fun made up for it. Before the demo this game wasn't even on my radar but now it is a definate rental.

Around the Network

What is all this crap about bad graphics. On my 30 inch hdtv it looks perfectly fine. *shrug*

I would be playing it if I had my 360 back.

I will be getting this but on the PS3 with the movie on the disc.

I have high expectations on this game.

Also, people's standard of what looks good is getting insane. If this game looks bad then I have no idea what looks good.

I can't wait to destroy whole restaurants as inspector Tequila :)

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

It's a bit too silly for me. You'll bump into a table by accident and "Tequila" will slide across it. The sliding up and down stair railings aspect is cool but a bit ridiculous. And you can kill someone with a single shotgun blast from like 50 feet away. And when you do the slow-motion thing with the shotgun, it's regular bullets not shot.

Overall I'd say amusing enough to download, rental if desperate for something to play while waiting for another game to come out. Definitely not a buy (how many Midway games are?) unless you're getting the PS3 version for Hard Boiled (one of the best Hong Kong action movies).

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

sinha said:
It's a bit too silly for me. You'll bump into a table by accident and "Tequila" will slide across it. The sliding up and down stair railings aspect is cool but a bit ridiculous. And you can kill someone with a single shotgun blast from like 50 feet away. And when you do the slow-motion thing with the shotgun, it's regular bullets not shot.

Overall I'd say amusing enough to download, rental if desperate for something to play while waiting for another game to come out. Definitely not a buy (how many Midway games are?) unless you're getting the PS3 version for Hard Boiled (one of the best Hong Kong action movies).

My point exactly! The sliding mechanics are just too insane.

Xbox Live Gamertag - Deathscythe X

AIM SN - Alexie Di Onie

Around the Network

NO game to me is worth 60 bucks unfortunately. I think game prices have gotten out of hand. I tend to buy a lot of games used or whatever to keep from going bankrupt. This game isn't worth 60 bucks to me -- but then neither is oblivion, gears, or any other for that matter. 39.95 is the sweet spot for me.... At that price my library would be a lot larger...

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.