By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Has anyone bought a Intercooler for their Xbox 360?

Cool it looks like a purchase, I'm looking into the Nyko Intercooler EX though thats the new edition its the same price but better.

Around the Network

I have a Intercooler(Called Cooler Fan 360) and works very well, no issues so far(I have like 4 months with the 360) I bought it becuase the warranty here is only one month. So after that you have to be very carefull with it.

PS Vita and PC gamer

CPU Intel i5 2500K at 4.5 Ghz / Gigabyte Z68 Mobo / 8 Gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 mhz / Sapphire HD 7970 Dual X Boost / Corsair Obsidian 550d 

My bros have one on thiers. No issues caused from it. They did have the RRoD once. Turned it off for a little while. Turned it back on and it is work fine now. Weird. I told them to hold of on contacting MS as to wait for the newer configurations to come out. Maybe MS will just replace it with a newer one when it fails again.

I do think the cooler helped them out though. They have the 360 on pretty much all day. I have not noticed any high levels of noise though when I go over to their house.

My friend and her boyfriend came over and he brought his 360 that had an intercooler hooked up. All I can say is damn. . . . . . we were playing Gears and we had to turn up the TV a lot just to drown out the sound and we were playing on a 60" HDTV too.

We got a kick out of turning on my PS3 right after we were finished playing and you couldn't hear a damn thing. Since I don't have one, I can't give any fact on it, but I've heard that the intercooler, apart from making the 360 louder, can also meltdown your 360.

IllegalPaladin said:
Since I don't have one, I can't give any fact on it, but I've heard that the intercooler, apart from making the 360 louder, can also meltdown your 360.

Indeed it can. It's well-documented on the internet. It's due to the Intercooler running as "middleman" between the 360 and its power cable. Bad news.

Like I said, buy a Pelican that runs off USB.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network

dont get it i had the 1st version and it didnt melt/burn. the fans on the back of the 360 take most of the energy from the power source( big black brick.) therfore adding the intercooler takes more energy from the brick. i got the 3 red lights called microsoft they asked if i had an i/cooler ya they said remove try again. my 360 worked fine so what im trying to say if it doesnt burn or melt it still can take up to much energy from the 360 causing rrod. and if it ruins it your fu**** because it is not microsoft liscensed so yur warranty shit

cubstows said:
dont get it i had the 1st version and it didnt melt/burn. the fans on the back of the 360 take most of the energy from the power source( big black nig*er brick.) .....

Whut the heck?

PS360 ftw!

Currently playing..........

Gears of War 2, GTA IV Lost and Damned, Little Big Planet (Yes I said I had no interest but my girl wanted to try it and we did and now Im hooked )

friedtofu said:
cubstows said:
dont get it i had the 1st version and it didnt melt/burn. the fans on the back of the 360 take most of the energy from the power source( big black (banned for using a very racist word right here) brick.) .....

Whut the heck?

The button you wanted is one over to the right: "report this post"

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

Cubstows we have posters on this website from all over the world and of all different backgrounds.  You can't use racist words like that and expect to avoid banning.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Quick Draw there Source. You beat me too it quite handily.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.