By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Disaster: Day of Crisis

Did anyone buy it? What are your impressions?

The site isn't tracking European sales but I've read in a Wii magazine that they're bad, and the Japanese ones look pretty poor. It got a decent 70% on Metacritic so I'm not sure why.

Around the Network

It's a good game with some flawed gamplay-mechanics. The movement you have to do to reach people is hit and miss and driving is extremely annoying(think Mario Kart with wheel, only not as responsive)

Wait...its out?

Times Banned: 12

Press----------------> <----------------Press

Undying said:
Wait...its out?

It's been available in Europe for a while. It seems to be Nintendo's attempt to bring a little cinematic style gaming to the Wii. By all accounts, it seems to have failed. I couldn't buy it simply after seeing the terrible dialogue in the intro.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

the driving is really bad, otherwise it's fun, that and the last boss will break your arms i guess.

Around the Network
Demotruk said:
Undying said:
Wait...its out?

It's been available in Europe for a while. It seems to be Nintendo's attempt to bring a little cinematic style gaming to the Wii. By all accounts, it seems to have failed. I couldn't buy it simply after seeing the terrible dialogue in the intro.

The dialogue is suppose to be terrible or IMO, chessy.  How else is the game suppose to get a B-movie feel.

It didn't seem deliberate, and either way, it was annoying.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

I have the game and to put it simply, what the game could of been and how the game turned out are two different things.

Pacman taught people to run around in dark rooms munching on pills while listening to repettive techno music and for that I somewhat idolise him.

Undying said:
Wait...its out?

It has not been released in the US, and no release date has been set (see my sig).  I'm hoping for a 2009 release.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

wow. Hopefully the US release is more ironed out.

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself