By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Conduit Interview: "Letter to the Fans"

narfwack said:
Demotruk said:
Eh, so "betting the farm would be an understatement"? God damn I hope this doesn't flop.

I second that, but with all the publicity it's had I just don't see it selling under a million which should be good for them.

They did get a publisher and delayed release so they could improve things, so I think they are past the point of "betting the farm".  When they were going forward without a publisher, that's when things were real risky...  That's not to say that sales are not important now, just that not the whole cost of development is riding on it anymore...

Around the Network

My Zapper is ready for this game! Bring it on! XD

I still have some doubts about this game, but let's wait and see...

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

I think I'm in love. 

Everything HVS does seems to be heartfelt and for fans like me. I have put my faith in these guys and know they will not let me down. That article was brilliant.

(I wonder how many VGC  threads they've read)

3DS FC: 1306 6473 7511

Nintendod Network ID: xsorenx

Add me for Pokemon, New Leaf, and Fire Emblem, Mario Kart 8.

Easily my most wanted Wii game.

Around the Network

^^
I always wanted this game. This letter made me wanted even more. It's at the top of my list.
More developers should do this.

3DS FC: 1306 6473 7511

Nintendod Network ID: xsorenx

Add me for Pokemon, New Leaf, and Fire Emblem, Mario Kart 8.

"With the overwhelming support of the fans and public, we found those very same publishers that had told us that we were developing a loser coming back, taking another look."

Oh, they got proven wrong. Yay.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Yeap, fun read, I've just been wondering if the All seeing eye works for online play as well, that would be insane - seeing foot prints or resedue from a gun fight, or seeing a hidden path in a false wall the enemy created.

V_V I doubt they had that in mind though. My guess though is that this seems like a sci-fi channel exclusive movie than a video game with a kick ass reason to play it.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Great read, I'm buying this day one and I know at least a couple of my buddies are too. I think this game is gonna do well, really well.

Wichdog69

I love these guys:

"One of the major challenges that we discovered when moving forward with the project was that most publishers we spoke to had no (zero, less than zero, terribly less than zero) interest in seeing what we could do with higher-end graphics, tight gameplay, and integrated mechanics. "The Wii is not a hardcore market," and variations on that theme were common refrains.

Now, to say that we, as a company said "Eff 'em!" would be… well, actually, it would be pretty accurate. We knew there was risk, but many of us owned Wiis and really wanted something we could take home and play the ever-living-hell out of. This is not to say there were not moments of panic, or doubt, or all of those roiling emotions associated with the internal mental struggle that happens before you take the plunge, grab the girl, and plant one on her, hoping against hope that she won't slap you. "

So awesome, they're my kind of folks which is why I really hope The Conduit turns out well but either way I already have it paid off lol

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000