By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Something surprising in the NA software Sales

Socom Higher than Resistance 2

SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation
Sony Computer Entertainment 15 17,322 616,709
Resistance 2
Sony Computer Entertainment 12 16,451 738,199

Not by much but still.. i didn't expect Socom to sell much especially after such bad reviews and online issues.. remebering that its only Online play... Where as R2 got high praise and good reviews and had some marketing.. Remember seeing large Chimera ads on the Skyscrapers.

So wot could be the reason? is R2 not selling well or Socom showing some legs?

Around the Network

I'm with kowenicki's comment, it was the first thing that came to mind.

surprising to me

maybe brand name too

Socom was on PS2 and,I m guessing, famous in NA (shooter)

Time to Work !

@libellule

but resistance 1 sold so much so really that point is kinda moot

@kowenicki

I would say yeah maybe your right
____

another thing is the word of mouth for R2 isn't that great

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
@libellule

but resistance 1 sold so much so really that point is kinda moot

@kowenicki

I would say yeah maybe your right
____

another thing is the word of mouth for R2 isn't that great

Why word of mouth isn't great for R2.? secondly i expect Socom word of mouth should be pathetic due to server issues and delayed bug fixing...

Moreover R2 has much better multiplayer

Around the Network

@kowenicki & noobie

yup from what I have experienced so far Resistance 2 word of mouth is bad......everyone says the campaign is crap.....so why not wait for killzone 2 isntead of buying Resistance 2.

word of mouth for Motorstorm 2 is surprisingly good considering sales

word of mouth for LBP is fantastic

but for resistance 2 people weren't too impressed,.

@ darth: many immediately point out that the COOP is worth a purchase too, so even if the word of mouth is bad, that point usually helps the title too.

@papflesje

I know I was in the Resistance 2 Beta

the co-op was good

but right now I am very happy I choose Motorstorm:PR over it

WHAT???? so if some 1 says uncharted is crap and said vampire rain is better you would actually belive him and get vampire rain.

kowenicki said:
@ darth

the word of mouth is terrible isnt it... i was all set to get Res2 but i decided not to bother after all the negative reports from people on here that got it.

Doh, post got deleted...gonna shorten this up now......

R2 was on my buy-list before I even got my ps3. I absolutely hate how the standard player limit on consoles is 16 - I was really quick to jump on R2's 60+ limit. I also heard some decent things about from it beta testers. In the end, I gave into the hype (never doing that again), wasted 60 bucks on it. The camapaign was boring - for a game whose devs talked so much about scale, there's a ridiculous amount of lone fighting. Finally, when you get to the biggest and only true large-scale battle in the campaign, it's poorly done and feels like last-gen stuff. Too lazy to rant about the multiplayer. Now I hold a grudge against the game for taking my money - I'm trying to sell it and the only 2 people I know in person that actually do alot of gaming also agree that R2 is lame (I showed it to them).

XxXProphecyXxX said:
WHAT???? so if some 1 says uncharted is crap and said vampire rain is better you would actually belive him and get vampire rain.

If they said Uncharted was crap, is there any reason why I shouldn't doubt it?

I hear lots of good things about the game........well, let me change that to: I hear lots of good things about the graphics. As for the gameplay, I haven't really heard a damn thing except somethin about some zombies that apparently killed the story a little. I also heard the game is really short. I'll probably buy it if I can get it used for $15 er somethin. Hopefully Uncharted 2 will be better, but I'm not really waiting for it.

http://soundcloud.com/cathode

PSN: Parasitic_Link