By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - OMG Universal reconsidering BlueRay !!!!!

Some people seem to be very interested to put some news about HD DVD move on Paramount,
let's continue the fight ...

7 min 15 sec 

==> Universal going multiformat BR+HD DVD ?

+ some news about an angry man :

I want people to see my movies in the best formats possible. For them to deny people who have Blu-ray sucks! They were progressive by having two formats. No Transformers 2 for me!

Bay (director of Transformers)

==> this guy is not as stupid as I thought...

Time to Work !

Around the Network

They will go where the higher profit go.
But I don't think it deserve an "OMG" title :)

careface

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Oh, poor Sony fanboys, they are frustrated... Their console of choice is last place, and now their dreams about Blu-Ray killing HD-DVD have been frustrated. Oh, poor guys, now they are desperate to prove that there is still hope for their console of choice... But don't worry, things cannot keep going bad forever, you know. Someday something good will happen to poor PS3. That's how the world works, not always losing, not always winning...

If you're going to support a format, at the very least learn to spell it ffs.

To cash in my CC rewards points for $300 in Circuit City gift cards to purchase a 360 or not: That is the question.

Around the Network

Dont worry , so much ... everyone thinks that this exclusivity is such a big news ... well its not . Even though universal is big , Sony Picture is at the same size , and the third big guy Warner is on both sides . Taken in consideration that the BD is selling batter , I still say that it will win faster . Not until December this year , but maybe next year . In 09 HD DVDs will be like UMDs . Few .

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

And the PS3 domination has been once again postponed. At least Sony fanboys have finally conceded that UMD is dead (a more dead format in Sony's long list of dead formats)....

LOL ign

This rumor has been going around since at least May.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

sieanr said:
LOL ign

This rumor has been going around since at least May.

theres a difference though, unlike most sites IGN has direct chats with the higher ups in companies and they have staff that worked for movie studios so theres a chance that they just got a message saying that they might actually be considering it since its kinda stupid to cut half their audience from buying their HD-movies when half their audience is supporting the opposing format.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

i'd trust HD DVD and Bluray news more from engadget highdefdigest than from ign, which is gaming based.

Currently loving my Wii x2, Xbox 360 Pro & Xbox 360 Arcade, and Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children Limited "Cloud Black" 160GB PS3

GAMEFLY & GOOZEX FTW