By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo numbers: It's Official Wii Sports

LordTheNightKnight said:
fadetoone said:
That's like saying the herpes is the most common disease because your girlfriend spreads it to everybody.

That is clear trolling. Reported.

yeah but its also a joke LOTK. I dk, i thought it was funny.

I date sluts, comedy heals my pain

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Around the Network
fadetoone said:
That's like saying the herpes is the most common disease because your girlfriend spreads it to everybody.

Ban hammered with no mercy.

Doble post. Sorry.

Vas-y said:
Erik Aston said:
Looks like VGChartz overtracked more than undertracked.

DS Games 15
undertracked: 10, overtracked: 5

Wii Games 11
undertracked: 7, overtracked:4

Not quite. You can't compare shipment numbers to sell-through this directly. Depending on several factors, VGC numbers should be a good clip behind Nintendo's shipment numbers.

Overtracked are:

New Super Mario Bros.
Mario Kart DS
Nintendogs (unless it reached total sell-out, which it certainly didn't)
More Brain Training
Pokemon D/P
Personal Trainer: Cooking
Mario Kart Wii
Wii Fit
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Super Mario Galaxy

Right on:

Brain Training
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2
Pokemon Platinum
Pokemon Ranger
Animal Crossing: Wild World
Wii Sports
Wii Play
Wii Music
Mario Party 8

Undertracked:

Kirby Super Star Ultra
Mario Party DS
Rhythm Heaven
Super Mario 64 DS
Animal Crossing: City Folk
Link's Crossbow Training
Super Mario Sluggers

Furthermore, consider that some of the undertracked games like Kirby and AC, launched right into the holiday season, and so could easily have overshipped. Mario 64, LCT and AC are the only ones that could be undertracked by roughly 500K. Meanwhile NSMB, Pokemon D/P and Cooking were probably all overtracked by roughly 1m units, which is a significant amount versus the 9-month sales of those games.

Title Nintendo VGChartz
Brain Training 16,82 16,73
New Super Mario Bros 17,63 18,39
Mario Kart DS 13,79 14,02
Nintendogs 21,67 21,66
Pokemon Mysterious Dungeon 2 4,40 4,11
More Brain Training 13,27 13,70
Pokemon Platinum 2,40 2,29
Kirby Super Star Ultra 2,19 1,87
Mario Party DS 5,49 5,15
Pokemon Diamond / Pearl 16,48 17,31
Rhythm Heaven 1,71 1,45
Personal Trainer: Cooking 1,68 2,56
Pokémon Ranger: Shadows of Almia  1,80 1,68
Super Mario 64 DS 7,16 6,58
Animal Crossing: Wild World 10,57 10,38

Next Wii.

Title Nintendo VGChartz
Wii Sports 40,50 40,44
Mario Kart Wii 13,67 13,82
Wii Fit 14,01 14,15
Wii Play 20,91 20,25
Super Smash Bros Brawl 8,10 8,38
Animal Crossing: City Folk 3,22 2,24
Wii Music 2,50 2,20
Link's Crossbow Training 3,44 2,87
Super Mario Galaxy 7,66 7,90
Mario Party 8 6,28 6,10
Mario Super Sluggers 1,21 0,75

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

Mr. Hiroshi Yamauchi, often told us, “In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between,”

LOL, I've been playing Phoenix Wright, and this sounds exactly like something Godot would say.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network
megaman79 said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
fadetoone said:

That is clear trolling. Reported.

yeah but its also a joke LOTK. I dk, i thought it was funny.

I date sluts, comedy heals my pain

Sorry, but insult humor is too close to trolling, and sometimes trolls make what they think is a joke.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Where the hell is Metroid Prime 3, Legend of Zelda, Twilight Princess, Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree, Super Paper Mario, Wario Ware: Smooth Moves, Mario Strikers Charged and Pokemon Battle Revolution?

That's 7 1st party platinum titles not listed by Nintendo themselves.  WTF?

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Viper1 said:

Where the hell is Metroid Prime 3, Legend of Zelda, Twilight Princess, Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree, Super Paper Mario, Wario Ware: Smooth Moves, Mario Strikers Charged and Pokemon Battle Revolution?

That's 7 1st party platinum titles not listed by Nintendo themselves.  WTF?

I believe they only counted games that sold over a million units in the time period 4/08-12/08.

If that be the case, the same can be said for 3rd parties. That means their are about 18 first party million sellers and 42-45 3rd party million sellers.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

fadetoone said:

You should know HPV is the most common STD.....

On Topic:  Wii Sports deserves this since the game pretty much sold the system to a lot of people.  Sick of hearing people say it doesn't deserve it because it is bundled.  I wonder if they ever realized Super Mario Bros. was bundled also..