By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Kill Zone 2 : the New Halo Killer ?

killzone 2 has 0% chance of being the halo killer, and nor does any other fps have a chance to be the halo killer. because a "halo killer" game doesnt exist or ever will. the thing that can challenge the halo series , is another halo fps ( halo4 and 5 and so on ). :)

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Around the Network

I never really thought halo was that great. I am hoping killzone 2 will be a lot better. I just can't see what is so great about halo.

Killzone 2 will have great reviews just like halo 3. But it wont touch it in regards to its sales or how much of a massive hardware bump it'll create.

Killzone 2 is Killzone 2, a great fps for ps3 owners to enjoy. It has nothing to do with Halo. They are not even on the same platform.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

^^^^^

Too true and ever if killzone 2 was on the 360 it wouldn't be acticely competing as the 360 has proven it can support multiple massive games at once.

Around the Network
JaggedSac said:
I thought it was the general consensus that Halo is nothing special.

that's what fanboys say... and then it's time for an FPS on their console to be successful, and then it's a "Halo killer" The hypocracy kills me.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Theo said:
Ok I've asked this question before and didn't get an answer so I'll ask again.

What exactly is the definition of a "Halo killer"?

One way it could kill it, is by stealing it's players but then Killzone would have to be able to physically destroy xboxs and reward those xbox fans with free Ps3's. I cannot confirm that Killzone 2 has that kind of power. The other way it would kill it if it were to outsell it (although I still don't see this as killing it). For Killzone 2 to sell 10m+ copies the majority of Ps3 owners would have to buy it, more than 50%. And when was the last time that happened in any generation of sony's consoles? Did Gta:ViceCity sell 50m+ copies on the Ps2? Rofl

I dunno what the definition is, but I'm assumign that somewhere int he definition must at least be something about the awesome coop/split screen gameplay. (Which killzone 2 doesn't have)

Does it have anything like the forge? I feel like everyone's hyping KZ2 because of it's bold leap in graphics, but I feel like people act as if it's not sacrificing a bunch of things that a 16 month old title brought to the table.

I hate the term Halo Killer. It's totally inane and should be banned forever.

My Games of 2011:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Super Mario 3D Land

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Everyone will have there own opinions regarding the Halo series, positive, or negative, and they are entitled to them. For me, there has yet to be a title on console as epic as the Halo series, especially in regards to it's multi-player capabilities, and online fan-base support. That includes Gears, CoD, Counter-Strike, ect. That being said......no way KZ2 is a Halo killer (IMO). As stated before, the only thing that could kill Halo, is Halo.

Um...