By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - jeuxvideo.com (number one french site) reviews killzone 2: 17/20

libellule said:
1/ I m not sure it is the numlber one french site

I prefer gamekult.com overall

2/ summary (from me) of the jeuxvideo.fr and the jeuxvideo.com review :

+

KZ2 is awesomely pretty beating GoW2 particularly in the special effects (lighting)
KZ2 gameplay is solid and intense

-

KZ2 is too much classic, do not bring enought new things but mostly borrow from everywhere
KZ2 could have been amazing with more variety in enemies/objectives/weapons/environnements

(multiplayer not tested)

lmao they have given a verdict and not tested online multiplayer, sounds like a fanboy driven review to me.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network
Phrancheyez said:

I never understood /20 or /40 scores..what's Famitsu's reasoning for the out-of-40 scores? Just to be different? I say stop being so damn difficult and pick something that makes sense=/

The French like their 20s. Schools grade in that system as well, I think, and at least some older monetary conversions were done in the 20s system.

And 80 is 4x20 when they count too (apart from Belgium or something along the lines).

haha, i understoodd most of what they said! those french classes in high school wasn't a wast of time!

that's good to see more encouraging reviews, but i doubt the ps3 owners are really losing sleep over it. they're going to buy the game regardless

btw, why are there 5+ articles on killzone on the main page? there's an official thread for a reason you know.

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask is the best Zelda title ever made.

"The Person Who Got the Closest to Winning the 1st VGC VC Giveaway, but still lost"

alekth said:
Phrancheyez said:

I never understood /20 or /40 scores..what's Famitsu's reasoning for the out-of-40 scores? Just to be different? I say stop being so damn difficult and pick something that makes sense=/

The French like their 20s. Schools grade in that system as well, I think, and at least some older monetary conversions were done in the 20s system.

And 80 is 4x20 when they count too (apart from Belgium or something along the lines).

80 is 4x20 here in the US too...??  I don't get what you mean lol.

There isn't a word for 80 (or if there is, it isn't used). It's
quatre vingt, which is four-twenty.
70 is sixty-ten and stuff like this, so there's something really traditional about the 20s.

Around the Network

@alekth
OOOh I got you..thanks for clarifying...I was confused=P

jv.com is not a great site, really gamekult is by far better.
Games like mgs4 or uncharted are sub-noted, even the best rpg 360 aka lost odissey is killed with only 11!!!
Clearly a bad site.

Well, gamekult gave LO 6/10.

jv.com is the worse french video game site.

Maybe 7 or 8 for KZ2 on Gamekult...

alekth yes but gamekult don't give a better score for infinite undiscovery and The last remnant, so it's completely different.
Gamekult give rarely a high score, a 8 on gamekult is just for great games, 9 is so rare on this site!
They are more difficult and it's a good thing.