By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Spore... For the Nintendo DS.

I'm sure this has been covered already but I hadn't seen anything on the site and it's the first i've seen of a comfirmed version of spore outside of the PC.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/802/802448p1.html

IGN: You're also officially announcing the DS version of Spore.

Patrick Buechner:
We will have a DS version of Spore around the same time we launch the PC version.

IGN: What makes the DS version different? Obviously there have to be some changes.

Patrick Buechner: [Laughs] Yeah it's going to be just a little bit smaller. The DS version is being designed from the ground up for the platform. We'll have a lot more details shortly but it is focused on the creature portion of the game so you won't be playing the whole evolutionary arc that's in the PC version. It's much more focused. But creation and customization is still a key focus of the DS game.

Cool for DS owners.  If i had a DS though I think i'd opt for the PC version.  Really I just can't wait for the PC version... it's likely my most anticipated game ever.

Around the Network

PC version will rock...don't know about a DS version...

Though I am super excited for Viva Pinata on the DS...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

This doesn't seem like anything TOO special. It's more or less the company knowing that their product is going to be hot, and people who get interested are going to spring more cash on another game, whether they'll be going from DS to PC or PC to DS.

It's win/win for the company.

By life end:

• Wii- 100 million+
  • Xbox360- 35~40 million
  • PS3- 30 million
  • PSP- 30~32 million ------------- FAILURE
  • NDS- 85~90 million (Skeptical)  - FAILURE
  • NDS- 100 million+ (Optimistic) -- Success!

Yeah, I imagine it'll be weak compared to the PC version but based on the name and how the PC version should sell like crazy i'd expect it to push some DS sales.

Just figured i'd point it out.

Ill see how it reviews, Ill admit Im extremely interested in both versions and I doubt that they will half arse the DS one.
Im pretty much certain to buy the PC version and the DS version is tempting.

Around the Network

Zuh?!

It just kind of blows my mind. Spore has such immense scope and ambition, and they want to shoehorn it into a DS!

They're either mad geniuses or in for a bit of a failure.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Haven't they been saying they want to release it on *all* platforms since they first announced it? DS was extremely expected, especially since it's the best selling piece of hardware at the moment.

Parokki said:
Haven't they been saying they want to release it on *all* platforms since they first announced it? DS was extremely expected, especially since it's the best selling piece of hardware at the moment.

They have, some of the news here though is that they plan to release the DS version with the PC version.  Console versions would likely follow for PS3 and Wii.  360 as well but they'd need to make a deal with Microsoft considering the nature of the game I think.