By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Hanna Montana Music Jamz DS, fun?

I don't even know what Hanna Montana is, but I know it's not for me. But this actually looks interesting! 

Around the Network

You don't know Hanna Montana? She is a real cutie ;D

About the game, it doesn't looks that bad, rather interesting I say, but I would have liked to see other minigames too, not just that one :P

Im actually heard nothing but good things about this game.

Hannah Montana is a VERY popular television in the US mostly with the age 6-14 demographic.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Talk about something that is completely unexpected. It looks like they're taking the game very seriously but you have to wonder if maybe the license isn't the best fit for the game. I mean it'll likely turn off males (some anyways) and those who haven't heard anything about it might assume it's just shovelware.  The game is shaping up nicely.

All the 7 year old little girls are gonna be ROCKING THE HOUUUSE.

noooooooooooo!

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Around the Network

What? The game doesn't looks that bad, but I wouldn't buy it really, I usually don't buy licenses games. But Hanna Montana is a hottie... er...no, I mean, she is cute, and I have a weakness for cuties... I even watched the show a couple of times... :P

they should make this a license game.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8mWW6kRITEY

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

fazz said: I even watched the show a couple of times... :P

Who are you and what have you done to fazz? 

If you like rhythm games this and Jam Sessions may appeal to you a lot. I actually have no idea who Hannah Montana is or what it refers to... and in the youtube clip the gameplay isn't even mentioned, it's all about what you can play.

Hannah Montana (HM), along with Jam Sessions (JS), are some of my MUST buys. If JS turns out to have all the functionality of HM without the games then I'll just get JS... but if HM has all the functionality of JS and more, like other emu-instruments to play, then I'll just get Hannah. If for some reason Ubisoft is smart and makes some emu-instrument functionality exclusive to each title then I'll gladly get both. It's win-win if the karts work as good as the demo's are showing.

To put this into perspective I have been using the "Hiite M-06" JP only DS release guitar emulator that is the base technology in both of these follow-up games. Jam Sessions looks to be a pretty straightforward english update of M-06. Hannah looks like it has more functionality but I'll wait and see.

In either of the games you can play a game where you strum the emu-guitar along with a song, hitting the notes in time with the song, and get a score or just learn how to play the song. To me this is the natural maturation of the rhythm games... more hardcore and with more niche appeal but will peal away the people who don't like added complexity.

For myself I've already been using the M-06 as a game of sorts by setting up the chords for my favorite songs and playing along with the music booming out of my stereo (geek heaven!, take that Guitar Hero!). There's no game generated score... the only one keeping score is myself and the satisfaction that I get when I can play along seamlessly with one of my favorite Rolling Stones tunes from Sticky Fingers. Although the phrasing with an emu-guitar is less than satisfactory I can say for myself (a rather unaccomplished guitar player) that it's as good as playing a very good flight simulator if you can't afford to fly a real aeroplane.