By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - *Play it on Wii* METROID Prime 2 Echoes

NO not really, I've beaten one and three, and i'm currently 35% done with with echoes so I wont be getting it anyway.

Around the Network
Voltaire said:
Question!!!

Is Retro hadlening the porting or is a studio under Nintendo doing it (i know its the same thing, but you know what i mean)?

If Retro is behind it, ill be opptimistic about new additions, istead of just a straight port.

Viper1 said:
bardicverse said:
I didnt even know MP2 was being remade for the Wii. I might just have to pick it up, as I hadn't beaten the game on GC (and lost the memory card!)

Both GC Metrid Prime games are part of the Play on Wii series are being handled directly by Retro.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Link?

http://games.ign.com/objects/027/027154.html

For starters but I can link to stories too if you prefer.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Mr Khan said:
Kenology said:
This game shouldn't have had multiplayer in it at all. A waste of time and effort.

I always felt it was an obvious pander, because the game came out at the same time as Halo 2.

Anyhoo: I kinda wish they would tone down the difficulty just a touch in a few places. Like that one drone that you had to destroy in morphball form, or the boss you had to fight to get the boost ball, the boss for the spider ball, and the final bosses (specifically the Emperor Ing's final form and the last fight with Dark Samus)

There is a limit to acceptable difficulty when it's the primary difficulty setting, and Metroid Prime 2 skirted dangerously close to the edge between "satisfying challenge" and "hair-pulling frustration"

I agree with this.  That thing you had to defeat in morph ball form was a huge pain in the ass.  You took damage the whole time because of the goo you were rolling around in.  I actually never beat that boss.  After ten tries or so, I gave up.

I'm not sure if I am going to buy these "Play on Wii" games.  A few of them I already own, so I may just want to save my money for new games.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Around the Network
theRepublic said:
Mr Khan said:
Kenology said:
This game shouldn't have had multiplayer in it at all. A waste of time and effort.

I always felt it was an obvious pander, because the game came out at the same time as Halo 2.

Anyhoo: I kinda wish they would tone down the difficulty just a touch in a few places. Like that one drone that you had to destroy in morphball form, or the boss you had to fight to get the boost ball, the boss for the spider ball, and the final bosses (specifically the Emperor Ing's final form and the last fight with Dark Samus)

There is a limit to acceptable difficulty when it's the primary difficulty setting, and Metroid Prime 2 skirted dangerously close to the edge between "satisfying challenge" and "hair-pulling frustration"

I agree with this.  That thing you had to defeat in morph ball form was a huge pain in the ass.  You took damage the whole time because of the goo you were rolling around in.  I actually never beat that boss.  After ten tries or so, I gave up.

I'm not sure if I am going to buy these "Play on Wii" games.  A few of them I already own, so I may just want to save my money for new games.

Metroid Prime 2 is one game that truly defeated me as well.  I did beat it on Hard... but it was due to a major fluke.  In the fight with King Ing's final form, I did a screw attack to avoid his "super-jump-across-the-room" move and he knocked me so far up in the air that I got stuck on an archway on the edge of the room.  When this happened, I had nothing but clear shots at his weak point.  I had him on the brink of death when I ran out of ammo.  So I came back down from the archway and replinshed my health and ammo by taking out those bat things he unleashes and went on and finished him off.  This had to be my 11th attempt at trying to beat him in that one sitting.  I was determined not to have to start over from his first form. 

But had it not been for that glitch, I wouldn't have beat him.  So, even though I beat the game on Hard, I was still defeated.

That was the hardest game I've played last gen by far.