By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - *Play it on Wii* METROID Prime 2 Echoes

Oyvoyvoyv said:
Viper1 said:
I'd rather Retro created a new FPS with solid online than tack it onto a series that doesn't lend itself well to multiplayer gaming.

I wouldn't.

I'd rather have Retro tacking on some decent (not necessarily very good) online to this, and then make something else than an FPS next gen.

I wouldn't.

They seem very adept at the game style and I'd prefer they make at least one more game this generation.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network

Interesting concept. Nintendo has been enhancing the gameplay in the games was well as adding Wii controls but nothing as extensive as adding online, at least not so far. It would be cool, but I doubt it'll happen.

Viper1 said:
bardicverse said:
I didnt even know MP2 was being remade for the Wii. I might just have to pick it up, as I hadn't beaten the game on GC (and lost the memory card!)

Both GC Metrid Prime games are part of the Play on Wii series are are being handled directly by Retro.

Nice! I beat MP1 already, not really a reason to revisit it. But MP2 remains unbeaten, as does MP3 =)

Nice that sounds really cool. I wonder if they will do any extra features.

This game shouldn't have had multiplayer in it at all. A waste of time and effort.

Around the Network
Kenology said:
This game shouldn't have had multiplayer in it at all. A waste of time and effort.

I always felt it was an obvious pander, because the game came out at the same time as Halo 2.

Anyhoo: I kinda wish they would tone down the difficulty just a touch in a few places. Like that one drone that you had to destroy in morphball form, or the boss you had to fight to get the boost ball, the boss for the spider ball, and the final bosses (specifically the Emperor Ing's final form and the last fight with Dark Samus)

There is a limit to acceptable difficulty when it's the primary difficulty setting, and Metroid Prime 2 skirted dangerously close to the edge between "satisfying challenge" and "hair-pulling frustration"

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

would be a good idea.

melbye said:
No, but i would be happy if they removed the multiplayer-portion. Some games are meant to be singel-player only, Metroid is one of the together with Zelda and Resident Evil

THIS!

Question!!!

Is Retro hadlening the porting or is a studio under Nintendo doing it (i know its the same thing, but you know what i mean)?

If Retro is behind it, ill be opptimistic about new additions, istead of just a straight port.

While I thought online would have been a good idea a few years ago, hunters showed me that it usually has to change a genre in order to have good multiplayer. (Action-Adventure>Action). Another game that seems to be mostly action to accommodate multiplayer that is in a series that was an Action-Adventure is RE5. I would say that it is hard to nail multiplayer in Action Adventure games, but I got the best ideas on how they should if they decide to next time.

1 Make the maps as big as an actual area or planet. Or may I say the actual full overworld. (Planet if it's segmented like Prime 3)

2 Incorporate other enemies besides the players in the game(metroids, space pirates).

3 Make game types that utilize adventuring features along with action features (find an item before another player does, capture the flag,). Anything where you are looking for something or someone will fit in an Adventuring game.

4 Do NOT have more than a few players. Metroid is mostly about being alone, as is tons of other Action-Adventures. Having 8 players would loose the loneliness, adventuring, and overall metroid feel. 4 seems like a good number and 6 would be pushing it.

5 When designing the multiplayer remind yourself what genre it is. It is NOT a first person shooter, but an Action-Adventure in the first person view. By doing this you would remember not to make it too action focused like games in the FPS genre(Halo, Call of Duty).

If they do most of these things then I would enjoy the multiplayer, other than that I would NOT want multiplayer and rather them focused more on the single player, or in the case of Metroid Prime 2 remake extras to the single player.