By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - I'm shopping for a graphics card...help?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161175

its an ATI card.. but its better then the two 8600 models above. 2.99 more then what your looking for.. cheaper and better then that GTS model.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network

No customer reviews...?

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

That one does look good though.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

BenKenobi88 said:
That one does look good though.

it was just released today.. so of course no reviews.. its a brand spanking new card lol

Card review: http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/2007/08/20/his_radeon_hd_2600_xt_iceq_turbo_gddr3_/1

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please

I dunno...after looking at the HIS 2600's reviews...it looks like the 8600 performs better than it in most situations...though not by a ton...but still.

HappySqurriel's link seems the best so far...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM

Around the Network
BenKenobi88 said:
I dunno...after looking at the HIS 2600's reviews...it looks like the 8600 performs better than it in most situations...though not by a ton...but still.

HappySqurriel's link seems the best so far...

well good luck choosing.. id go as cheap but powerful as I can then later this year or next do like me and build a high end desktop

the 45nm processors from Intel are coming out in November.  

Having finished my computer too, I'd say it's time for a great computer. For example, the quad core has gone down a lot; the q 6600 being pretty close in price to a core 2 duo e 6700.

For my own graphics card, I got a 8800 GTS and the cost-performance ratio is pretty great. Since I got the 640mb version for my dual monitor setup, it cost a bit more, but I'm sure you can find a 320 mb version for much cheaper.

All I have to say is, don't get an ati card. It generally underperforms for a bigger price.

Yeah, I finally have a sig.

Don't be a little bitch and just take the plunge with the 8800GTS 320MB

The performance is as good as the 640MB and it will run Bioshock at almost (if not full) settings for you.

There is no other better card for the price, it blows everything else under it out of the FUKIN water, the only thing better is the hella expensive cards, and the performance of this card is still pretty damn close to those cards as it is.

Depending on the resolution that you run, but this game will basically run anything up to 1600x1200.

I personally run a 22" Widescreen at 1680x1050 with this card no troubles, I don't have any doubts that Bioshock will work with this PC...

Definitely get this card. Newegg is best bet.

I haven't read good stuff about the Radeon HD2600... it has good overclocking potential, but even with the clock at stock speed it can't outperform the 8600... I think it's 800 Mhz... the GeForce 8600 is less than 600 Mhz if I remember correctly

OriGin said:
Don't be a little bitch and just take the plunge with the 8800GTS 320MB

The performance is as good as the 640MB and it will run Bioshock at almost (if not full) settings for you.

There is no other better card for the price, it blows everything else under it out of the FUKIN water, the only thing better is the hella expensive cards, and the performance of this card is still pretty damn close to those cards as it is.

Depending on the resolution that you run, but this game will basically run anything up to 1600x1200.

I personally run a 22" Widescreen at 1680x1050 with this card no troubles, I don't have any doubts that Bioshock will work with this PC...

Definitely get this card. Newegg is best bet.

Bossy, aintcha? 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom!