By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How does VGchartz track sales here?

do you guys(meaning whoever runs this site) know how little trust you have among people who seem mad their version of a game does not sell?

Personally I dont take your sales as fact but they are great estimates but the problem is you can use them anywhere without being called a "noob."

Really if you want I can post the link. The forum is at IGN in the Wii Lobby thread. Give a shout if you really want to see.

Whoever runs this site should give more assurances, if in fact you are for real, and show evidence like this more often.

Around the Network

Why bother giving assurances? This is a free site with a lot of hard work being put in, if people don't want to use the services and information that this site has to offer then that sucks for them.

You come on this site, question the method at the heart of the site, with no reason except 'someone on the internets said VGCharts sucks' and expect us to care what you say?

VGChartz is an accurate and professional website. If you accept this, then by all means stay and see for yourself just how accurate it is. Otherwise, I advise you to leave

scottie said:
VGChartz is an accurate and professional website.

Hell no, especially software sales have still a long way to go. Has nobody ever wondered why titles that never charted in Europe are not tracked, like all the DS RPGs from Square? That shows that there aren't retail samples from Europe and hopefully ioi will get this covered sometime in the future.

wow you tell me to leave because I am talking about something very big going on with this site. Dont tell me to leave when Im not doing anything wrong thats just rude.

I question it because it should be questioned, lots of people do not believe this site and thats a problem.

Around the Network
coonana said:
wow you tell me to leave because I am talking about something very big going on with this site. Dont tell me to leave when Im not doing anything wrong thats just rude.

I question it because it should be questioned, lots of people do not believe this site and thats a problem.

Your getting ripped because your reasoning behind the site being bad is "someone told me so". You cant expect anyone here to take you seriously when you have no factual evidence to back up any claims. If I said "game A" sold more copies than what vgchartz says, does that make me right? 99% of the internet gaming community could not believe this sight, but without any actual fact to back it up it wouldnt matter one little bit.

what do you mean back it up with factual evidence? I am not saying this site is unreliable. I am talking about a conversation Ive had and I want some perspective.

I never said this site was bogus I just asked and some of you get all mad for reasons I do not get.

These threads always end up like this.

Your question was answered, what are you still trying to gain from this? You want to know the actual places that are tracked? Not gunna happen. Take the information given to you or leave it.

flagship said:
coonana said:
because im in a huge argument in another website forum because this guy is saying you, VGchartz, literally makes up all your numbers with complete guesswork.

I always took these figures as ballpark estimates but if this is truly guesswork instead of useful information thats really lame.

Like he was saying how do you guys get the sales in obscure areas like Norway. Also he said that NeoGaf banned anyone using this information.

So please give me more info or I could even link the thread because this guy is a tool.

Part of the reason sites like NeoGaf ban Vgchartz numbers is because they aren't set in stone, Bret reserves the right to change figures after the fact based on information from stores that report less frequently, official company figures etc. This of course causes huge fanboy issues on a number of sites when a game is annouced to have sold 1 million first week but later the estimate gets scaled back to 900K. While the error on this type of change is only 10% it tends to create flamewars and a mistrust of Vgchartz for people who take estimates too seriously.

As far as numbers from obscure counties, obbscure countries tend to buy very few games compared to larger counties and so even if a source of data cannot be obtained they can be accounted for in estimations based off the purchasing habbits of other countries.

Actually the reason Neogaf bans this site is because these numbers could of be on neogaf and they refused...

and now they're jealous.

coonana said:

do you guys(meaning whoever runs this site) know how little trust you have among people who seem mad their version of a game does not sell?

Personally I dont take your sales as fact but they are great estimates but the problem is you can use them anywhere without being called a "noob."

Really if you want I can post the link. The forum is at IGN in the Wii Lobby thread. Give a shout if you really want to see.

Whoever runs this site should give more assurances, if in fact you are for real, and show evidence like this more often.

All the assurance that is needed is how accurate the numbers all vs the other trackers.

If you know anything about statistical tracking you'd have to know either Brett is either on the up and up or he can tell the future and should just be playing the lottery.

Even proffesional analysts don't get anywhere near as correct.

No other evidence is needed... to people who know about this stuff anyway.