By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who thinks there will be no PS4?

amirnetz said:
Spankey said:
amirnetz said:

@markers

Sony is in a bind. They need to reset the market. A small incremental update to the HW will not help. A small update will make the old PS3s obsolete, and at the same time will fail to create any excitement in the market. A pure lose-lose.

So to achieve a market reset they need a big release. Something different. Something exciting. Something that costs a lot to develop. Something that will cost more to manufacture. Something that no one in the market except Sony has any incentive to see succeed.

isn't that what they're trying to do with the PS3?

And look how this turned out for them. Billions in the red. Profitability out of sight. No hope of ever recouping the costs even in the very long run.

As NJ5 said - the days of the lose-leading console business model are over. No one in their right mind will ever attempt it again. From here on it is about efficiency and maintaining the large install base and moving the base slowly to more features without pressing the reset button.

This works great for the Wii and the 360. This is terrible for the PS3 which has the smallest base and the worst business model to make money off the base it has (no subscriptions, no accessories, no huge 1st party titles ala Nintendo).

The days of the big disruptive new gens are over.  No more resets. No PS4.

I agree with what this guy is saying.Too much risk for too little gain.

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-

Around the Network

PS4 is inevitable.

For the moment, the only thing give no help the the ps3 is the price, in about one years or two, ps3 will be avaible for anyone with any budget. What i can see in the war of ps3/360 is that peoples buy 360 because ps3 cost to much. people like better ps3. Anyway sony will make the ps4 with the same system that the ps3, so the ps4 will be avaible for resonable price.

Final Fantasy huge... watch my collection

Oh... Final Fantasy huge only on SONY system !

mamboula said:
For the moment, the only thing give no help the the ps3 is the price, in about one years or two, ps3 will be avaible for anyone with any budget. What i can see in the war of ps3/360 is that peoples buy 360 because ps3 cost to much. people like better ps3. Anyway sony will make the ps4 with the same system that the ps3, so the ps4 will be avaible for resonable price.

Its already  been two years, another couple is too late. The trend for a console is set after one or two years.

When the ps3 is cheaper , the others can be even cheaper. Also I would nt say people buy xbox 360 because they cant afford a ps3, it has more to do with the 360 has games they want.

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-