By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Great Heavenly Sword Review. 9.7/10

Sorry Hus, but who the hell is nextgenireland? Did they give Sonic for the PS3 a 9.5, or did they give Bioshock a 5.5?

I don't have any sort of problem with the score, just with the site. Guess I have to wait for EGMs score....

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

Around the Network

I had my hopes up, but then I realised what site that was. No offence to anyone, but that place is about as neutral as Sony Defence Force, Play Magazine, Nintendo Power, or any "the Official *console* Magazine".

My guess is that this will be about as good as the God of War games. A solid chance of hitting a million copies sold this year, and the lower age rating should help a bit.

Parokki said:
I had my hopes up, but then I realised what site that was. No offence to anyone, but that place is about as neutral as Sony Defence Force, Play Magazine, Nintendo Power, or any "the Official *console* Magazine".

My guess is that this will be about as good as the God of War games. A solid chance of hitting a million copies sold this year, and the lower age rating should help a bit.

They gave Gears 10, Halo 2 9.1 and Forza 2 9.3, hardly PS biased. Also Play is a multiplat reviewer.

They gave out a 9.0 for COD3 on PS3 and a 9.4 for Motorstorm, so I'd say its safe to say this site ranks things just a little bit higher than they should be.

Saiyar, where are the Gears, Halo and Forza reviews on that site? I clicked on the reviews tab and all it has is PS games.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

sieanr said:
They gave out a 9.0 for COD3 on PS3 and a 9.4 for Motorstorm, so I'd say its safe to say this site ranks things just a little bit higher than they should be.

Saiyar, where are the Gears, Halo and Forza reviews on that site? I clicked on the reviews tab and all it has is PS games.

http://www.nextgenireland.citymax.com/page/page/4066814.htm

http://www.nextgenireland.citymax.com/halo2vista.html

http://www.nextgenireland.citymax.com/forza2review.html

Around the Network

nice review

"I could make Halo. It's not that I couldn't design that game. It's just that I choose not to. One thing about my game design is that I never try to look for what people want and then try to make that game design." - Nintendo's Shigeru Miyamoto

PSN joshmyersBV Global rank in Warhawk: 1734 Rank: Wing Leader Over 200 Mine kills

Play isn't a total joke like SDF, but it had the highest variation from the average scores in favour of Sony and away from the other two consoles. That's pretty much the definition of bias to me.

However with the site in question I never noticed they had anything else than Sony games reviewed either. They even rated CoD3 higher on the Wii than the PS3, so it does seem rather silly to blame them for Sony bias.

So err... please partially forget what I just said. Completely ignoring me just this once is fine too. =P

sieanr said:

They gave high points that is true but they don't give it only for PS game so one thing (for me) is that they don't look biased.

Saiyar said:
Parokki said:

They gave Gears 10, Halo 2 9.1 and Forza 2 9.3, hardly PS biased. Also Play is a multiplat reviewer.

Seems like a pretty good site to me, im glad ps3 sites can give honost reviews to other consoles

Maybe they could be completely and total unbiased like sony defense force?

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.

Guys just face it, this game is going to get great reviews, maybe not reviews like this, but it is still gonna be an amazing game. We should wait for IGN though to make sure that when people buy it they don't get dissapointed.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you