By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is wrong with you people?!

^Haha. I'm a Gunner as well, and enjoy reading the "comments" section of football news on the Sun.

Those ppl are much "wronger" than the people on this site according to the OP's standards.

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here 

Around the Network

If it weren't for competition creating innovation, I would say that any real gamer would want a single company to win. Why?

Because in a perfect world, it'd mean we'd still be getting ALL the great games, but only having to spend on one console.

So that'd be the reason why people hate on another console, if their console is winning, there's a better chance of them getting games for it.

Is it because we like the clash?

^But wouldn't that lone company abuse its powers and gauge prices? It's not like they can be effectively regulated by a single government (like public utilities) since the consoles are released in so many countries.

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here 

you're right

consoles i own ps12 gba ds gc wii

Around the Network

If there was only one company the prices would be high, the jump in tech from one console to the next would be small and the release of new consoles would be often. The User would be bled for every penny for very little. For this reason we need all 3 major players and i would welcome more as long as they brought new ideas to the table. It can only be good for gamers in the long term

assumption is the mother of all f**k ups 

Wait guys. If there was only one console? Check America in the 1980s. Only one console. And none of the stuff you're talking about was true.

Either way, it's absolutely stupid to think that more than three is a good thing. Three alone is pushing it. Two is ideal - causes competition but doesn't force players to make too many decisions.

SW-5120-1900-6153

thetonestarr
You are talking about an industry in its infancy. where there was only raw excitement and not a drop of cynicism. The times are incomparable. Look at  MS's five yearly release of yet another unneeded OS.

assumption is the mother of all f**k ups 

soulsamurai said:

With threads like "yay party 8 million gap" and "finish him" and countless others. I'm not just talking about ps3 (that's the major one atm) but even if it was reversed or even if history had been different and Nintendo was still having trouble.

How could you people absolutely want a company to fail. How does it benefit you? It doesn't. In fact it does the opposite. It creates a monopoly. The more people online with your system the more lag there is going to be, and all of those first part companies that create some really high qualities games either get bought out or left in the dust trying to scrape by themselves as a third party which doesn't always work.

Now lets look at it as a morality issue. Do you honestly want thousands of people losing there job especially in this market? What's exciting and happy about that. A perfect example would be my work. Blockbuster. We made the the Hollywood Video down the street go out of business. Do you know what the employee's did? They threw a party. "Yay party woo, thats we made 12 people lose there job." I refused to go to that party. I' am not going to celebrate that. Do you know what happened 2 weeks later. Our movie rental prices went up from 4.60 to 5 dollars and video game rentals from 8.50 to 10 USD (we're in california, it's expensive as hell)   They knew the could do this, there is no other place to rent games now unless you want to go to the next town.

Why do you honestly care that your preferred system is "winning" How do you possibly benefit?

Wow...calm down. Thanks for taking the internet too seriously and ruining everybody's fun. But then again, TEH INTERNETZ IZ SERIOUS BUISSSNESSSSSSSSS or however it goes.

Theres probably not a single person on this board who ACTUALLY wants a game maker to fail. We say these things because we know that its NOT ACTUALLY GOING TO HAPPEN, which makes it much better joke material.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

he is just sad that his console is losing...