By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Paramount and Dreamworks backs HD-DVD exclusively!

Well for what I can see in the DVD webpages this is old news and already debunked .It isnt anywhere in those mags and the only thing closely related was the Steven Spielberg news that someone spinned just to make HD-DVD look better .Maybe this is a timeline with and old rumour I dont know ,but I doubt mags as DVD Empire would just pass in something as big as this .

And for the doubters ,its clear the DVD is still king but releases as 300 on BR that managed to move 200K units first days show the format is moving ahead ...

Around the Network

The fact that movie studios are making exclusive deals forcing people to buy both players, makes me realize that I hate Hollywood and consumerism in general.

ON a somewhat related note, this format war is retarded.

good god this is just getting to be stupid. Personally I won't be buying any movies but this is just terrible for the customer more than anyone else.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

rasone77 said:
The fact that movie studios are making exclusive deals forcing people to buy both players, makes me realize that I hate Hollywood and consumerism in general.

ON a somewhat related note, this format war is retarded.

Quoted for truth

/sigh

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
Diomedes1976 said:
Well for what I can see in the DVD webpages this is old news and already debunked .It isnt anywhere in those mags and the only thing closely related was the Steven Spielberg news that someone spinned just to make HD-DVD look better .Maybe this is a timeline with and old rumour I dont know ,but I doubt mags as DVD Empire would just pass in something as big as this .

And for the doubters ,its clear the DVD is still king but releases as 300 on BR that managed to move 200K units first days show the format is moving ahead ...

As usual, you are clueless about the real world.  Go to finance.yahoo.com and look up VIA (the stock symbol in the article).  Scroll down to news and you will see the official press release that is disseminated worldwide.  And the little note at the bottom:

Source: Paramount Pictures; DreamWorks Animation

If it is fake, it's a good one because it is published via PR Newswire which screen articles very, very, very carefully as they are used by traders to make financial decisions and as such they cannot have stock related news showing up as fake.  It has happend before and highly damaged or helped a stock, but they are generally ruthless in keeping the news legit. 

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

Around the Network
Diomedes1976 said:

http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&ned=us&q=paramount+dreamworks

To cash in my CC rewards points for $300 in Circuit City gift cards to purchase a 360 or not: That is the question.

Yeah Diomedes. When I read this thread I went and looked it up. Google news it if you'd like. PC World, CNN Moneyline. It's everywhere and it's real.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

It's only based on a Viacom press release, why would it be real?
http://www.viacom.com/NEWS/NewsText.aspx?RID=1042073

Reality has a Nintendo bias.

Oh, and one more note. Those that support blu-ray exclusively and hope for the death of HD DVD soon (mostly the sony camp) and vice-versa (mostly the MS camp) need to wake up and get a clue. There are two competing formats which are highly expensive. Though HD DVD is still the price leader, neither is "affordable to the masses" by any stretch of the imagination.  Until the two have competed the players down to $99 bucks and HD DVD/Blu-ray titles are competitive price-wise with current DVDs, I want to watch both companies/formats continue to bleed money. The war is GOOD for us consumers... Ultimately one will fail but I don't care which and neither should you. Everyone should get off their fanboy-mobile and be rooting for the underdog right now to keep the field level until the vulgar profit margins of the media are competed out of the product.

Can you imagine if tomorrow toshiba walked away and gave the market to blu-ray? $29.99+ Blu-ray movies would be here to stay. Permanently... Same the other way around folks...

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

Woohoo! Great news for me. :) Since I bought the HD DVD player 2 weeks ago. This means there's still hope for the use of my player for a long time. Face Off!!!

And, great news for me since I got the 30 day amazon post-purchase price guarantee to secure my HD DVD player at $232.

Currently loving my Wii x2, Xbox 360 Pro & Xbox 360 Arcade, and Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children Limited "Cloud Black" 160GB PS3

GAMEFLY & GOOZEX FTW